Chapter 68

-Hayley's POV-

I just finished getting ready but Niall hadn't even started. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a cup coffee. I could feel Niall's gaze but I decided to make him squirm a little. I wore a dark pair of skinny jeans and a light blue shirt with a brown snug fitting cardigan over it. I bent over and pretended to pick something off the floor, making sure to stay that way a little longer than necessary. I heard him curse under his breath.

I flipped my curled hair over my shoulder and turned to face him. I pretended not to notice how his jeans from last night were tighter against his crotch and smiled innocently.

"Skinny jeans?" He cracked. "Seriously?"

"What? Don't like them?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No I love them, but we have to be at my dad's soon for breakfast and... I think you could use another shower." He said marching towards me.

I shrieked and ran to the other side of the table. "Niall! No! Go shower now, we don't have time." I laughed running around the kitchen.

"Dad will understand when he sees you." He countered pushing a chair out of the way.

"No! Go! Get!" I screeched.

He stopped and glared at me. "You never let me have any fun!" He whined.

I pointed towards the bedroom and watched him drag himself, taking his shirt off in the process.

I sat on the couch and decided to scroll through Twitter. Probably not the best choice but why not. I couldn't hide from the hate.

"R-O-C-K ME AGAIN!!! I WANT YOU TO HIT THE PEDAL, HEAVY METAL SHOW ME YOU CARE!!! I WANT YOU TO ROCK ME, ROCK ME, ROCK ME, YEAH!!!" Niall shouted at the top of his lungs.

I laughed to myself but continued to ignore him. My mind told me not to look at my mentions, but I did anyway. Instantly I regretted it. My breath hitched in my throat as numerous people tweeted pictures from the airport yesterday. I rolled my eyes at the captions calling the relationship fake. I knew that wasn't true. But others where edited with the words "Is she pregnant or is she just naturally that fat?" I stared with disbelief. I felt sick to my stomach and I lost all interest in food. I put my coffee down and logged out of Twitter before shoving my phone in my pocket. I poured the coffee down the drain when I heard the water shut off, signaling that Niall was finished.

I wiped under my eyes to make sure I hadn't cried at all. This shouldn't bother me so much. All it was was hate, jealousy, stupid insecure individuals. Then again, I wasn't any better. I was just as insecure as they were. No denying that I had gained weight, but did I really look pregnant? I wasn't pregnant right...? No. It had been a month since... it had been a month and Mother Nature hadn't visited me yet.

Panic erupted inside me. The room started to spin and I couldn't think straight.

Calm down. I told myself. You're not even sure yet. It might just be a scare. Did I ever forget to take the pill? Don't tell Niall. You can bring it up later. Not now. Had it really been a month? Maybe it wasn't maybe I had it a few weeks ago and just forgot. The last few weeks of school did go by really slow anyway. Yeah, yeah, I had it a few weeks ago. Maybe. I'd have to check. I can't remember. I'll text McKenna, well later. She'd still be asleep right now.

"Ready?"

I jumped at the sound of Niall's voice.

"You ok?" He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Yeah, I was just.. uh,.. thinking. That's all." I stammered.

He gave me a doubtful look but let it go. "Ok let's go." He held my jacket out for me to put on. I leaned up and kissed his lips. His smile eased the tension inside me a little bit. I needed to stop thinking about this.