chapter 13

-Hayley's POV-

I had been home for a total of thirty seven seconds before Ryan scolded me for being so stupid. I was in too good of a mood for the douche to bring me down. I had spent the entire drive home texting Niall. Even through texting he somehow made me laugh.

"You're just going to ignore me?" Ryan's voice rised as he removed himself from the gray sofa.

I froze on the steps slowly turning towards Ryan, "Ryan, I just got back from the hospital because I got shot while saving someone's life." I said firmly. l I am in too good of a mood to put up with your bullshit." I adjusted my backpack and continued walking towards my room. Once I got to the top of the staircase I found Logan taking dirty clothes out of his backpack replacing them with new clean ones. He looked up just before I turned into my bedroom. He nodded his head in return to my quick wave. I decided on the way home that I would stay at Dad's for a few weeks, so I started to pack all my chargers and laptop. I had plenty of wardrobe at Dad's.

I heard a knock on the door, I turned to see Logan standing in the open door way with his backpack at his feet.

"So let's see this battle scar." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed before picking up the hem of my blue tee shirt. I lifted the shirt higher until the bandage covering my injury was revealed. "You can wait til later to actually see it." I teased.

Logan and I walked into the small farm house we called Dad's. The house only had two bedrooms but there was a loft which served at my room. The loft was the complete upstairs level which had its own bathroom. Logan greeted Dad in the kitchen before veering off to his bedroom. It had been a while since I was at Dad's. I walked slowly taking time to look at everything new in the house. The living room was just big enough for a TV, a couch, and a recliner. At the end of the couch and between the recliners was placed an end table I had made sophomore year in woodshop. The dark gray carpet turned into oak hardwood floors. The cheap counters and cabinets matched the floor but lacked doors, exposing plastic plates and cups. The white fridge was decorated with baby pictures and holiday cards.

I gave my dad a hug before giving him a sly grin.

"What is it?" He asked shaking his head. I said nothing as I pulled a photo out of my bag's side pocket and handed it to him. He looked at the photo causing his jaw to drop.

"Oh my god!" Dad exclaimed, "No freaking way! Are you shitting me?" he continued while looking from the photo to me back to the photo of One Direction and I from the hospital. I laughed as Dad placed the picture on the fridge. He was the best, I mean how many grown men fangirl like that. "Ahhh! So did you fall in love? Should I be prepared for a grandchild. Oh shit please say that I should not be preparing for grandchildren."

"Dad! No!" I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Nothing happened."

"You saved that kid's life and he only gives you a picture in return?" Dad's face dropped in disappointment.

"And his number." I winked with a laugh as Dad jumped with joy. "You'd love him."

"I loved him before I even knew him. But seriously can I meet Liam?" Dad asked as I started up the stairs.

"Dad!" I heard Logan yell from inside his room, "Stop with the fangirling!" I laughed as Dad walked back to Logan's room.

I jogged up the stairs til I reached the door at the top. I turned to knob and opened the door to find my room just the way I remembered it. One Direction posters covered the blue walls while thin stained carpet covered the floor. I dropped my bag on my bed and walked towards the window. I pushed the window up letting the warm March air into my room. I climbed through the window onto the roof. The climbed my way to the place where the porch overhang met the roof. I sat there looking out into the trees and the small creek running through Dad's yard. I heard My 'Summer Love' ringtone singing from my pocket. Quickly, I fumbled the phone to see who was calling me. I laughed to myself before answering.