Chapter 80

-Niall's POV-

We had just finished our final practice before kicking off the tour. What was meant to be a quick two hour rehearsal turned into an all day event. Typical. I laughed with Zayn as we both grabbed a bottle of water.

"Niall!" I looked up and saw Paul waving me over. Fantastic.

"What is it lad?"

"They need to talk to you."

I cringed at the word they. That was never a good sign. "Do I have to?" I whined but Paul only nodded. Shit.

Paul held the door open and let me duck under his arm. I took a seat in one of the big leather chairs. The office was decorated with potted plants in the corners and the walls held dumb graphs and quotes. I glared across the dark mahogany wooden desk at two men dressed in fancy expensive suit and ties. They wore shiny shoes and their hair was always slicked back. Numerous pens lines their pockets and the thing that pissed me off more than anything was how they talked to me. I was not some five year old boy that couldn't sit still... That was Louis.

Management.

"Niall, glad to be talking with you." His name was Miles Carson but we called him Satan's Twin. His dad owned Modest! But god, he was such an annoying asshole.

I forced a pleasant smile on my face and mustered the fakest "pleasure is mine" I could manage.

"Do you know why we called you in here?" Carl Thimes asked. Thimes was blonde and older than Miles. He was more pleasant to deal with but still talked down to us like we were kindergarten children.

I shook my head. "Not a clue honestly." I glanced down at my arms that still had a few deep cuts and bruises. Most of them had scarred over already but I still had the gashes in my head.

They both leaned closer, crossing their arms on the table. "Well.. It's.." Carl started.

"It's about this girlfriend of yours." Miles finished.

I tried not to roll my eyes. This is going no where good. "What about her?"

"Is she planning on going on tour?" Miles asked.

I nodded.

"Tell her to change her plans. She's not."

"Why not?" I asked getting annoyed.

"She's no good for you." Miles continued.

"She's perfect for me."

"You were in a car accident because.."

"Because I wasn't paying attention." I defended.

"Look, Niall, it's not anything personal. Just want your focus on the tour. Not her." Carl imputted.

"Trust me, when im onstage my focus is on the music. Offstage my focus is on her."

"Well we need your focus full time." Miles spat.

I glared at him. "Uhm no."

I could hear Paul snort behind me before returning to his neutral face. Miles glared back at me and Carl rubbed his temples.

"She won't even be with us until the American part. So calm down. I know what im doing." I sighed and stood up to leave.

"Horan!" Miles shouted causing me to turn around. "If you walk out I swear to God, I'll.."

"You'll what? Fire me? Go for it. Tell me how that goes for you." I spat and walked out the door back to the dressing room where the boys would be.