Chapter 77

-Hayley's POV-

I had been staring at the same spot on my ceiling for the past three days. There was so much snow and ice that everything and everyone was under shut down. Which left me alone in my dorm room. I had drove around town three nights ago calling Niall over and over again begging him to answer. Not once was it answered. I didn't expect him too. I didn't deserve him too. I had really fucked up this time. More than usual.

The first night i was too angry to except any of the fault. And when he didn't answer any of my calls, my anger only built. It wasn't until the second night that everything hit me. I had received no texts, no calls, nothing at all. Part of me was still angry at him for barging into my dorm and accuse me, but in a way he wasn't wrong. I still was going to have Chris come hang out even though I knew Niall would disagree. And on top of it, I lied to his face.

Food lost all taste. Sleep was useless, I only dreamt of him. I only dreamt of our memories and all the things I had imagined us doing together. I tried to get him off my mind but he was everywhere i looked. His hoodie hung in my closet or at the foot of my bed. My wrist and neck only held more memories than I could count. I made the mistake of scrolling through my photos on the third day. His face was in every one of them. Some were just of him being his stupid self that I loved so much. Others were of us together. Kissing photos, laughing photos, surprise photos, photo after photo. Memory after memory. Pain after pain.

My stomach growled but i ignored it. Food didn't sound good or appetizing in any way. With my eyes focused on the spot on the ceiling, I reached under my pillow and called the same number for the ten thousandth time.

I wasn't expecting him to answer or for him to even listen to me, but I called. I broke down, again, and called. I listened to it ring. After the third my stomach dropped even lower and I started to hang up. I fucked up. I fucked up the one thing in my life that I loved. I fucked up the one thing that loved me.

"Hello..?"

My heart stopped and i froze. The accent pierced my heart and every emotion possible washed over me, drowning me in complete confusion. "Niall.." I croaked. "Can you... Can you please c-come and l-listen to me..?"

I heard him sigh into the speaker and I knew he was tugging at his brown roots. He was tired of me begging him to listen. He was tired of my calls. He was tired of me.

"I ... I know I don't deserve it.. I just.." I trailed off not being able to finish my words before the sobs clogged my throat.

"I'll be there.." Niall said quietly.

I bit my lip. "Okay.." I said and hung up. My heart leaped into my throat at his agreement. Just something about it. It wasn't even that big deal. All he was doing was coming over to listen to me try not to fuck things up even more than they already were. But what it meant was he was showing up. He was giving me a chance.

-Niall's POV-

The past three days hurt. They hurt like hell, but I couldn't just give in. I was angry, still am, but I cannot deny the fact that not talking to Hayley hadn't killed me. It did. It destroyed me.

The roads were empty and icy as fuck. No one was even supposed to be driving but why not, one time. I tried to focus my full attention on the roads in front of me but everything wandered back to Hayley. I couldn't help it. I missed her. I loved her. I still do.

-Hayley's POV-

After putting a little effort into my appearance, I waited not so patiently for Niall. I tried to keep busy with cleaning the small room again and again. Nothing helped. I felt my phone vibrate and my heart jolted in my chest.