Chapter 71

-hayley's POV-

Christmas Day. Normally I would be running around packing presents into the back of the car and curling my hair to look presentable to visit my mother's family. To this day, I don't understand why we even bothered to go. My mom nor her family wanted to visit each other and the day usually ended with too many beers and me being the one to drive the three hour drive in the dark.

This year, however, I didn't have to curl my hair and even apply make up. And I didn't. I sat down next to Niall with a cup of tea in my hand. Our conversations held little relevance to anything facing the real world outside. Movies were playing constantly and half of them i couldn't tell you what they were about.

Sometimes I lost myself, and by sometimes I mean all the time, when I was with Niall. There was something about the way his arm would curl around me and hold me tight like if he were to let go I'd slip away. Or maybe it was the way i could rest my head on his shoulder without my neck growing stiff. I didnt know. And truly I hoped I never would know for sure, there was something about the uncertainty that made it far more special.

"So I have a question for you.." Niall started as his thumb traced light circles on the back of my hand.

"And what would that be?"

His weight shifted causing me to have to resituate. "Tour starts in February."

I had completely forgotten about tour. Hell I had forgotten he was famous. There wasn't many paparazzi in Mullingar, which was nice. It made everyone feel more at home, even if it was their actual home.

"And we have a show in Dublin." Niall continued, forcing me to push my own thoughts to the side. "So... Like.." I knew whe this was going.

"You want me to come back here on February to see your show." I finished for him.

"Yeah," he sighed. "It's crazy and I mean, I am just small town lad and it's crazy to perform infront of all these people and my friends and such... I want you to be there. I want to share that with you."

My nose scrunched up in thought. I really wanted to go. I mean really wanted to, but I knew how this would go. Niall would have to pay for my ticket, which of course would be first class, and he'd also be getting me in free, also expensive. And on top of all that there would be thousands of screaming fans and paparazzi, in other words a lot of criticism that I don't handle very well.

"I just don't know if that's a good idea. I mean with school, and the plane tickets and concert tickets, and the fans, and the publicity... I just-" I looked up and I could see the pain that flooded his blue eyes. I could tell that he was biting the inside of his lower lip. This really did mean a lot to him, more than a lot of things in the world. Who was i to be selfish and take that away from him? Because that's what I was doing - i was being selfish.

I sighed and sat myself on my knees. I took his face into my hands and maintained eye contact. I couldn't have looked away even if I wanted too. The pain and sorrow that was drowning in them seemed to wretch my heart out. "This means a lot to you doesn't it?" I asked quietly.

He nodded. "More than you could ever imagine."

I laughed to avoid crying at his words. "I'll try to make it work to the best of my abilities. Hopefully there's no test that day or anything like that. I don't think there should be."

Life sparkled in his eyes once more and a deep grin broke across his face, big enough to see the small dimple. He tried to kiss me but was smiling to big for it to last more than a few seconds. I was going to say no... I was actually going to say no.

"I love you. I love you. I fucking love you!" He shouted with glee. "I just... I .. Go ahead and put in a Disney movie, that's how good of mood I'm in."

I took him up on his offer before he could change his mind. I Wasn't why this meant so much to him but it warmed my heart to experience it first hand. If he would have waited until i got back home and he called me, I wouldn't have seen his face leading me to do what I had intended.

-Niall's POV-

"So shall we do our own presents?" Hayley asked excitedly.

I shrugged, "sure." I wasn't really sure what to expect from her. I knew she probably had freaked out about it for months on end. But for all i cared she could have gotten me a note saying "I like tacos".

She ran back with a small box on her hands. Her long blonde hair hung loose and fly side to side as she bounced on the couch. She wore yoga pants that have been teasing me all day and one of my hoodies. She didnt bother to put on make up and honestly she looked even more beautiful.

I leaned over the edge of the couch and pulled a small box from the drawer.

"Don't hate me because I'm poor." She laughed as we exchanged the boxes.

I laughed and whirled my fingers between hers. "I could never hate you. And as for the being poor thing, I doubt that will matter."

She smiled. "You go first. I want to see your reaction. If I think you hate it i'll just tackle you and make out with your face or something."

"Even if I do like it feel free to do that." I teased.

I popped the lid of the box off with my thumb and peered inside. It was a thick brown leather band. On it was a blue guitar pick bound into it. There was white cursive writing inscribed into the pick. The date we started dating and the day of the signing was indented with perfection. Under it said "If only i left a better first impression..". I gave a breathy laugh, in awe with the thought she had put into this gift. I knew it must have costed a good amount of money for her budget but that's not even what mattered. It was the way to tied so much of what I loved into one thing. How did she manage it?

I looked up to find Hayley biting her lower lip nervously, unsure of my reaction. I pulled her closer by the hand until our lips just brushed. "Your first impression was more than perfect." I whispered. "It was love." And with that I leaned in more, connecting our lips fully.

"Im guessing it wasn't a total fail." She laughed and i nodded.

"Your turn now."

She shifted her weight a little before slowly pulling the lid off the white box. I couldn't help but laugh as she gasped and instantly reached inside. She covered her mouth with her hand and cursed at me when she held the silver bracelet in her hand. "Put it on! Put it on!" She squealed.

After I clasped the bracelet around her delicate wrist i could hold back my smile as she traced the diamond infinity sign repeatedly. Inside the infinity sign was the simple word "mine".

"Makes you look kinda possessive doesn't it?" She teased with joyful eyes.

I shrugged. "When it comes to you I am."

She beamed and pecked my lips. Some things never changed. "So you know... About that makeing out with my face thing." I teased.

"Was that not enough for you?" She winked running her finger over the leather band i had recently put on.

"Well it's not that it's not enough... It's just that on twitter people are always asking me to make out with their face.. And I kinda wanna know what they mean." I winked. "You know, from a fangirl's point of view."

"No that is something i can do." She smirked before colliding her lips with mine passionately.

((Ok so I wrote this one of my ipad so there may be typos and im sorry but I hope you guys like it!! You know what to do;) hahah xxx))