Chapter 74

-Hayley's POV-

I pulled the covers tighter around me. It was freaking freezing in this damn house. I opened my eyes lazily and my stomach churned. I had forgotten that I was stuck at my mom's house because of the snow. The lilac walls were clearly visible unlike they had been a year ago. I had taken most of the One Direction posters down after our huge fall out but the few i had left remaining were now stashed in a box labeled "Hayley's shit". Real comforting right? I thought so too.

I could not get over the fact that my mom was truly getting married again. To Ryan of all people. Why? Like what was it about him that she was so attracted to? I mean, he was nothing like Dad was. Then again.. They did get a divorce. But they were moving. They were moving where? Surely they'd still live here and let Logan go to school here. He had all his friends, his sports, everything was here. He already lost his dad, and now both houses he grew up in. Why take away his hometown?

All this thinking was giving me a headache. I hung off the side of the bed and picked up my phone that I had left plugged in, in hopes of it charging sometime throughout the night. It did, thank god.

I scrolled through the text messages. I had the normal sweet morning text from Niall and I had one from Louis. Louis and I had grown close throughout the past few months. He was like my best guy friend even though I barely ever got to see him.

"Call me as soon as you wake up! -Louis"

Uhmmmm... Okay? I decided to call Louis first because I knew if i texted Niall he would call me directly afterwards.

After two rings i hear Louis shout something at someone in the background, probably one of the boys. "Hayley!"

"Louis!" I returned massaging my stiff neck. "What's up?"

"Okay so I have this idea, well all the boys had this idea but mostly it was me." He gloated.

I laughed, "Louis get to the point."

"Oh sorry," he mumbled not meaning any of it. "Anyway you told Niall you'd come to the Dublin concert next month right?"

"Actually no. I said I'd try." I corrected him as I sat up and stretched.

"Well can you?" He asked, sounding a little preoccupied.

"Yup, I was gonna call him and tell him." I explained.

"No!" Louis shouted causing me to wince at his outburst. "Sorry but no."

Okay now I was just completely lost. Did the boys not want me there? I mean I guess if they don't i won't push anything but it was weird how the suddenly didn't want me around. Usually they were always inviting me to do all these things with them.

"What I mean is we have this idea." Louis started to explain. "We want to make it a surprise for Niall."

I felt my brow furrow. "Surprise?"

"Yeah, like he should think that you won't be there and then we have you walk up behind him. It'd be kinda cute, you know? And it's in his hometown so I... We.. Think it would be even better." Louis was really having trouble with the fact that this wasn't completely his idea.

"Like onstage?" I asked.

"Yeah.. The other four of us, or management, would pay for your expenses and make sure everything goes smoothly. He just can't know that you're there." He explained.

I stay quiet, thinking it over in my mind. It did sound cute and I knew Niall would love it. For some unknown reason he loved showing me off to the world. It made me feel honored but then other times i just wanted to stay inside and not be in the public eye with him.