chapter 40

-Niall's POV-

"She lied to me, ok. That is not what a mother is supposed to do. They are supposed to love you and make you feel good about yourself and care about you. Not drink, leave, and drink some more." Hayley shouted. We had just made it back from her mum's and put Logan back in his room. We sat in the small laundry room. Hayley threw things from the washer to the dryer to keep herself busy so she could avoid crying. A habit that worked surprisingly well.

"I know you're pissed." I said sitting on a tall stool. "But you can't burn this bridge yet. You still have college and eventually a wedding followed by kids. Don't you want her to be a part of that?"

She snorted and hung a few shirts to dry. "you're joking right? I want her to be part of my life before she gets involved with anything that comes from my vagina."

She was so stubborn. She walked past me back into the hall when I caught her hand. "Come here." I said tugging her back. I snaked my arms around her. She was slightly taller than I since I was sitting. "dont burn that bridge."

She rolled her eyes and pecked a kiss. She has an awful habit of doing that. "Fine. but I'm not talking to her for a while."

"just before long." I said connecting my lips with hers. She ruffled my hair with her fingers, deepening the kiss. I let my hands wander down to her bum giving a slight squeeze. She let out a small shriek, making me laugh.

"asshole." she laughed, lightly slapping my cheek.

"Hey Niall can you show me some things on your guitar?" Logan asked after finishing his grilled ham and cheese. "I just wanna hear you play." he begged.

I chuckled, "well I guess I can do that. Is that ok with you Babe?" Hayley turned away from the dishes in the sink and nodded saying to go ahead but she's doing the dishes. "you wait here." I strode up the steps, skipping every two steps. I pulled my old guitar from the corner. I hadn't played it for a while. Not since the interview. I looked around the room. It had changed in the past month since I've been here. Hayley had moved the posters to the extra room they used as a mud room. She refused to take them down and put them in a box, they had to be on a wall. some of my things were strung around the bathroom and the dressers. It wasn't really cleaner, but it wasn't any dirtier. I took one last glance before shutting the door behind me and returning to the living room.

I sat on the couch with Logan, playing all types of different songs. The band's songs, my favorite songs, or anything Logan wanted.

"oh wait wait." I said adjusting the guitar. "I got something for your sister." I said loud enough for Hayley to hear. She grabbed a dish towel and started drying her hands.

"What is this 'something' you speak of?" she winked.

-Hayley's POV-

I sat in the recliner watching Niall's finger at work, fascinated. The rhythm was catchy and I couldn't help but smile as I watched Niall. He just lost himself everytime he played. I glanced at Logan, his eyes were wide and a fascinated grin was spread across his face. Just then I heard Niall begin to sing. I bit my lower lip and smiled as the words tumbled out, every single one right on key.

I sat across from Niall until he finished. His ocean blue eyes holding contact with mine. He smiled and his cheeks turned pink.

"Uhm Logan, would you..." I started, maintaining eye contact with Niall.

"Oh I'm way ahead of you." Logan said already opening the front door and dashing down to the stream.

I pressed my lips against Niall's, immediately straddling him.

"so how much time you think we have?" he mumbled into the kiss.

I smiled, "not enough. Can you wait until tonight?"

"I'd prefer not to."

"too bad." I said pulling him closer. "you're gonna have to."