Chapter 61

((ok guys so I hope you're enjoying the story but you wanna do me a favor? recommend my story to anyone looking for a wattpad to read! or if you run an instagram account maybe give it a little shoutout? I'd really appreciate it! ily xx ok so on to the story!))

-Niall's POV-

"Babe we should go to bed." Hayley laughed pulling the sheets up further to cover her bare breasts.

I shrugged. "I know but I missed our late night conversations."

"whatever, I'm going to bed." She giggled turning her back to me.

"Oh c'mon." I teased tickling her sides.

All I could hear was her laughter until she elbowed me in the sternum. "ok, ok I'm done." I said rubbing my chest.

She smirked with victory and snuggled closer into my arms. I closed my eyes and I could hear the wind blowing through he trees outside. I could feel every breath Hayley took. I was almost asleep when I heard something topple over. My eyes popped open and I noticed that Hayley was already sitting up straight in bed.

She leaned over the bed and pulled my tee shirt over her head. Then she threw a pair of athletic shorts at me. "Put them on."

"Hayley it was probably just a raccoon or som-"

"I don't care!" She interrupted. "Please?"

I groaned but pulled the black shorts up to my waist. I got to my feet and started for the door. "Ready?" I asked.

"Yup." Hayley turning around from her dresser.

"What the fuck is that?!" I hissed gesturing to the black handgun in her hand.

She cocked an eyebrow at me. "It's a gun. I'm not going down there without it. Now calm down."

I rolled my eyes.

"I have a gun in my hand. Don't make me put a bullet in your side." She snapped and stalked down the stairs.

Feisty. I crept over to the window and pulled back the curtains just enough to look out. "Well I know what the sound was. Something tipped the trashcans." I went from window to window and saw nothing.

"Whatever it was is gone. Now put that thing away."

"Pussy." She mumbled and unloaded the gun. "Come on let's fix the trashcans. I'm not going to have a family of rodents living in my front yard."

-Hayley's POV-

"Stop being an ass and get out here." I snapped pulling Niall outside by the arm. I crouched down and stood the can back up when I heard something in the bushes.  "Niall.." I whispered but he was already on it. He took me by the hand, standing me up straight.

"Let's go back inside." His voice was barely audible over my heart pounding in my ears.

Just then multiple bright lights flashed like a strobe light.

"Niall! Is it true Hayley's pregnant?"

"Hayley why has your family disowned you?"

"Niall! Are you planning on getting back with your ex girlfriend?!"

Fuck paparazzi. I kept my head down and let Niall usher me back into the house. He closed the door directly behind him and made sure all the curtains were closed. I could still hear them yelling insane irrelevant questions. I grabbed the unloaded gun and walked back up to the bedroom not saying anything.

I stuffed the handgun back into its hiding spot when I heard Niall close the door. "You ok?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged, crawling back into bed.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. It's part of the whole deal." I tucked the sheets under my chin and turned my back to Niall.

"Hayley.."

"Drop it." I sighed in annoyance.

I felt the bed shift as Niall lied down next to me. His fingertips brushed my arm before he secured his arm around me, pulling me back into his bare chest. "They don't know about the things we do. They don't know about the 'I love you's, but I bet you if they only knew they would just be jealous of us." He sang softly in my ear.

I sighed and intertwined my fingers with his. His large hand made mine look like a tiny baby's. I inspected the veins that rose from the surface and continued up his arms. I fit my head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you." I whispered and rubbed my thumb back and forth over the back of his hand.

"I love you too." We stayed silent for little bit before Niall spoke again. "How do you know how to shoot a gun?"

I laughed. "Small town girl. Dad taught me. He said it was so I could protect myself, plus now that I know he worked for the CIA it makes sense. Logan has one too." I answered. "You know I was also taught how to fish and hunt too."

"So if we're ever stuck in the wild you're going to be taking care of me." He teased.

"Yeah I can take care of you, you big baby."

"Rude."

"Teasing." I laughed.

I let out a loud yawn. Niall planted a kiss on my cheek and began to sing again and continued to do so until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.