chapter 16

-Niall's POV-

"Niall. Oh Niiiaaallllllll." One of the lads sang into my ear. I was tired and not wanting to wake up. I had stayed up pretty late talking to Hayley and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the signing.

'Oh fuck the signing!' I thought as my eyes popped open wide. I sat up from my bed and hit Zayn's cheek in the process.

"Damn Niall." He mumbled holding his cheek. He was wearing a white tee shirt with a dark plaid overshirt with a leather jacket over that. His hair layed flat across his forehead. It wasn't until we'd get to the arena that we had our hair fixed.

"Sorry mate." I said absent mindedly. I rushed around pulling my jeans over my boxers and slipped my Nike's on my feet. I pulled a blue tee shirt off the hanger along with a dark gray jacket. I slicked the shirt over my head and ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I could hear Liam walk in with Harry. I knew that had brought breakfast. I slipped my arms into the jacket and flipped it over my shoulders. I took a look at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair.

I sat down on the couch and started to early breakfast. Zayn told the lads about this morning's mishapen. I simply shrugged my shoulders and told him I was sorry.

I listened to Paul telling me about the shooter. Apparently she was caught a few blocks down and was taken into custody, so I was free to go see Hayley tomorrow afternoon. It wouldn't be long but it would be better than nothing. I took my seat by Louis as fans swarmed for pictures.

-Hayley's POV-

"Thanks for the ice cream Dad!" I said as I slid into the passenger seat. I pulled the seat belt across my body before searching the radio for some good music. Logan slid into the back trying to avoid dropping the remainder of his cone. Dad pulled out of the parking lot onto the highway. Dad thought it'd be a good idea to go out for supper, and I'd have to agree, it was a great idea. I scanned through radio stations until I heard 'kiss you' flow out of the speakers. I squealed and cranked up the volume before singing and dancing in ny seat. Dad joined in right away while Logan took a little bit of persuasion.

I felt my phone vibrate in my lap shortly after the song faded into a song by Fun. I looked down to see Niall's name flash on my screen. Immediately I unlocked my phone to read it.

Hey Darling guess what! xx

I smiled to myself before texting him back. We were just a few miles away from the house when I read a text from Niall saying he wouldn't be able to stay long since it was an hour away and he had no security with him to stay in a hotel. I could feel my round eyes grow big and I started to twist the ends of my hair. I looked down at my black toms before I finally lifted my head towarss Dad. "Hey Dad," I asked, "Uhm, do you think Niall could come out tomorrow?"

Dad's jaw dropped, he faced me and nodded, obviously he was too shocked for words. "And could he stay with us? Y-you know for the night?" I stuttered. Dad was a really cool guy, really laid back and let Logan and I do whatever, but he was really protective all at the same time.

I watched as his face tightened. He ran his hand through his hair and scratched the back of his neck before sighing.

"Think about it Dad! It's Niall! He can sleep on the couch you know. Besides I really don't think anything will happen between Hayley and him. They've only known each other for a little less than a week." Logan pipped up from the back seat. I turned to look at him and he just smiled at me. For a boy that can be such an ass, he did have sweet moments.

"Alright. Ok yeah. But I really don't want anything going on after I go to bed ok? I don't want grandkids yet." Dad begged.

I smiled at him, "I don't want to be a mom yet. Dont worry." I texted Niall and told him the news. I suddenly could not wait for tomorrow afternoon.