Chapter 75

-Hayley's POV-

I pulled the sleeves of my university hoodie over my palms. My dorm room was freezing and all my classes had been canceled because of the ice and snow. McKenna was snowed in at Matt's and I was pretty sure she enjoyed that more than being here with me.

I checked my phone. Nothing. Nothing was what I had been getting for the last few days. Ever since I told Niall I wouldn't be able to make it to Dublin I received five texts a day.. if I was lucky. But every time I tried to ask him about it he'd get mad and hang up on me or not respond for hours.

I heard a knock on my door. Did 'Kenna forget her key? She usually never forgets her keys. "Coming!" I called. I shoved my notebook into my science book and closed it. I kicked shoes to the side and pulled the door open.

"So how was... Niall?!" I stood dumbfounded as Niall barged past me into my dorm. What the hell? He said he was in the studio today. And why does he think he can push bulldoze into my dorm room? I don't care if he's my boyfriend, what the hell.

I closed the door, still speechless. His eyes were icy and angry, something I rarely saw. He glared at me and paced the room frantically.

"Can I help you?" I choked out finally.

"Where's McKenna?" He said lowly.

I was so confused. "Uhm, she's at Matt's." I explained.

His eyebrow arched. "Matt? Who the fuck is Matt?"

"He's Chris' friend. They've been hanging out lately. Is that any of your business?"

"Chris?!" He yelled. "Chris? Are you fixing to go over there? Are you planning on staying there for a while or is he coming here? Is he the reason you're not coming to Dublin?"

Seriously? He was not serious. Niall really expected me to blow him off for a prep kid that I served coffee with?

"No!" I screeched.

"So you two have something going on between you two?" He shouted.

"Niall! No!" I shouted. He tugged at his hair repeatedly, still obviously angry. I could hear people in the near by dorms yelling at us to shut up followed by others cranking up the music.

"How could you not trust me?" I croaked.

"Why are you not coming to Dublin?" He challenged.

At first I was angry. I was angry that he thought he could just barge into my dorm and yell at me. I was angry at the fact that he didn't trust me. I was angry that he was messing up my plans for him. But now, now I was scared. I had only seen Niall this angry once before, and we almost ended it then and there. I was scared at his intentions. What had he intend to do if I was with Chris? What would he have done? Why was he so pissed?

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "Something came up." I said shaking my head. I couldn't tell him. That would fuck everything up.

His eyes lowered and grew even darker. "Be specific."

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying. I hated Niall being pissed at me or not trusting me. "School work." I lied. "I have a big project to present and a quiz that day."

"The show is on a Saturday."

Fuck.

"Well I meant Friday. You don't expect me to fly out there so late?"

His face held no emotion, nor did his voice. "Yes."

"What?" I choked. "What?! You are fucking shitting me, Niall, right?!"