chapter 37

-Niall's POV-

"Niall!" Fans and paparazzi shouted all around Hayley and I. I lifted my hand with a wave before stuffing it back in my pocket.

Cameras flashed around us as Paul ushered us forward. I felt Hayley's grip tighten as the paparazzi fired as many questions as they could at her. She kept her head down and walked closely beside me. I squeezed her hand, making her look at me and smile before entering the fancy hotel lobby.

Louis and Zayn met us at the door, embracing me in a hug. I watched as Louis hugged Hayley and spun her around.

"Oh god, Lou." she laughed. "It's good to see you too!" I hadn't seen her smile in over a month. It was great to see her real genuine smile back, not her fake smile she used to stop the tears.

"So Hayley," Zayn started once we all filed into the elevator. "How've you been?"

"Oh, I can't complain." she smiled tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I tried to hide my puzzled facial expression. "I mean, I'm not bleeding from my side anymore." Hayley continued.

"oh yeah, I guess that's a big bonus!" Louis smiled cheekily.

"yes, and besides," Hayley stated before gently grabbing my arm. "I got this guy. what more could I ask for?" She grinned.looking up at me. I could see her beginning to blush slightly. I stooped down and connected my lips to hers. my smile broke the kiss as I heard Zayn and Louis 'Awh' in the background.

"Awh, look." Zayn smirked pointing at me.

"He's blushing!" Louis gushed. "Hey don't worry about it. I don't blame you, she's lovely." He winked.

"Hey now," I interrupted intertwining my fingers with Hayley's. "She's mine."

-Hayley's POV-

Niall's arm held me close as we walked down the hall to their hotel room. Zayn and Louis made the conversations interesting and never dull.

The suite was gorgeous. Pearly white walls lined with dark mahogany wood. Niall tossed his green backpack into a side room before greeting Liam and Harry. I sat on the nearby couch as Niall laughed with Liam. I stared at my feet inspecting my vans and messing with the hem of my denim shorts. I noticed a tall shadow loom over me. I looked up to see Harry taking a seat next to me. He wore a dark pair of skinny jeans and a dark v neck.

"Hello." his voice was deep and raspy. It was hard to believe that's what came out of his dimpled smile. Then again it was still hard to believe that I was actually talking to Harry Styles.

"Hey," I smiled patting his muscular arm. His short sleeved shirt showed a few of his tattoos. "How have you been?" I asked turning to face him.

He spoke slowly telling me about his break and his family. I bit my lower lip and put on a smile to avoid crying. I hadn't talked about my family for about a week.

I still hadn't been able to tell Logan. I managed to reach my mom and told her the news. I asked her to tell Logan and she said I could break the news to him this weekend. Typical. They didn't even bother to show up to the fucking funeral.

The day passed by slowly. I listened to the boys give their interviews and talked to the others when they were off.

Niall sat down next to me on the same couch. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. He said how excited he was to tell everyone about us. I could see the joy in his eyes.

"Hey Niall!" Liam shouted from across the room. "Your turn!" Niall pressed a kiss to my forehead and walked into the interview room.

There was a decent sized table with two chairs on the far side. Niall sat closest to the interviewer with Harry beside him. I leaned against the door frame and watched the boys get side tracked.