SeverusXReader A Forbidden Love Part 3

(Severus' P.O.V)

I just regret telling Lucius Malfoy. I normally wouldn't have told anyone, but Lucius and I became friends. He suggested drinking one night, and it all just came out, and I regretted it the next day when it had spread everywhere.

---Flash back---

I had made a huge mistake with Lilly a couple of weeks ago, and Y/n had been sticking up for me, saying that Lilly had become an outcast from her only other friends. That night, Lucius had gotten hold of a couple of bottles of Fire whiskey; I wanted to fit in, so I had one sip, two, two became three, three became six, six became a whole bottle, and not long after, my lips were losing. I was going on about how hard of a time Y/n was having and how I would often find her crying; I was certain she had what muggles called depression.

The next morning, when I got up, I got ready for class and went into the common room where everyone was muttering and murmuring, but they always were, so I thought nothing of it. I went down to the Great Hall and found that everyone was muttering about something except Lilly, Potter, Lupin, Black and Pettigrew, who were glaring daggers at me. I scanned the Slytherin table for Y/n but couldn't find her.

I figured she was just skipping breakfast, which she often did, so when I sat down, I put some food in my robes to give her later. I ate my food, ignoring the chatter, before getting up and going to class. I sat at our usual table at the back, but Y/n never came, and I knew exactly why when a fellow Slytherin sat down beside me and whispered.

"Did you hear Y/n Y/L/N is a crybaby? She's crying all over the school..." I zoned out the rest of what he said as I could see red.

How could Lucius? How could I? When the bell rang, I ran through the whole school but couldn't find her anywhere. I skipped class for the rest of the day as I looked for her to no avail.

---End of Flashback ---

Since then, we have been dark toward each other, some more than others. I still saw her as that sad Slytherin sat across from me in the Library, the one I cuddled until they felt better, the one who spent hours playing chess and exploding snap with me. All she saw was the dungeon bat who had told everyone she was a crybaby.

(Y/n's P.O.V)

"He's staring at me again! I told him to leave earlier, and he just stood outside my bedroom as I changed!" I grimaced, noticing Severus's eyes on me.

"Well, Y/n, you two were close once; Dumbledore had money on you guys ending up together," Minni told me as she sat beside me.

"Well, it's his fault. He was the one who told everyone... it had to have been; no one else knew, not even Lilly." My eyes left Severus as I stared at the ground, fiddling with my necklace again.

"Severus is different now. Maybe you should talk to him?" Mini suggested.

"Oh, hell no. I can't forgive what he did. I couldn't make any more friends after he did that, and he never apologized!" I huffed.

"Maybe that's because you never let him." We got up and headed towards my room when the meeting was finished.

"He had plenty of opportunities." I led her into my room and made us some coffee while we continued to discuss this topic.

---time skip---

The students were beginning to arrive. I met them outside the Great Hall, welcoming them back. They all beamed up at me and waved back when I waved despite not knowing me.

Once all the older kids were in, I made my way through the Great Hall to the teacher's table, finding only two seats available: one next to Headmaster Dumbledore, which I'm sure is for Minni and one next to Severus. I rolled my eyes and sat beside him, then turned to face Flitwick and started conversing with him.

I skimmed the Gryffindor table, trying to spot a face I thought I saw as they came in, and there it was, sat in the middle of the table next to two redheads; I assumed them to be siblings and across from a brunette female, sat Harry Potter a spitting image of his father. My eyes were focused on him as he looked up at me. Oh, how he reminded me of my late friend.

I was dragged out of my thoughts as the Great Hall doors flew open, and the first years came in for the sorting. I watched as each student was sorted and went to their new houses, making friends almost immediately.

I smiled down at all the students as the sorting finished. Dumbledore stood up for his speech.

"Welcome first years and welcome back returning students. This year, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event called the Triwizard Tournament; three schools compete for eternal glory, completing three tasks that will challenge the students chosen, but more on that tomorrow. I'm sure many of you wonder who this lovely young lady is. This is Y/n Y/l/n, your new defence against the dark arts professor." I stood and took my bow, waving to the students.

The feast began, and I was excited to see all my old favourites from when I was a child spread out over the table. I continued to talk to Flitwick as we ate.

---Time skip---

A week has passed since I started as a teacher here at Hogwarts. It's been uneventful, besides the arrival of the other schools and everyone muttering about next week's Triwizard Champion draw. It was hard to keep my students on track, but I managed.

All in all, teaching has been going very well!

(Severus' P.O.V)

I had just finished a lesson with those idiotic fourth years. Weasly and Potter were joking all lesson, and for the first time ever, Longbottom's potion hadn't exploded. I took the potions into my office for grading after my next class before heading back for the first-year class.

"You are here to learn potion-making's subtle science and exact art. As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will understand the beauty of the softly simmering...." *BANG* There was an explosion coming from my office. As I moved closer to my office door to check what it was, there was another crash and bang; the door blew open, pushing me back.

The First years couldn't have run out faster as I jumped to my feet and directed them to exit. I produced my wand and entered my office. One of the potions had blown it to smithereens.

"Longbottom..." Even with magic, this would be challenging to fix.