Reader LupinXJames Potter Part 2

(I wrote a chapter three years ago. People wanted a second part, so I'll scoot the chapters around so they are closer to this one, so you can re-read it first, and so it makes sense.)

(Y/n's P.O.V)

What had I done? Remus was going to kill me. I had kissed his best friend... twice. I hadn't even gotten to my first class on the first day of classes and was already crying. I had done the worst thing I could have possibly done! I didn't even know James, not really. My brother had known him for a year, but I met him yesterday, and the first time I kissed him was yesterday!

I heard the door swing open.

"Y/n?" It was a very frantic Remus. I could hear him push all the doors open as he ran down the stalls.

"Remus, get out. This is the girl's bathroom!" I took a deep breath, trying to hide the sobs.

"You didn't come to breakfast, and James said he saw you running over to the bathroom. I was worried." He said, coming to a stop in front of my store.

"I'm fine!" I called back.

I pulled myself together, flushed the toilet from the stole and washed my hands.

"Fine. I'll take you to class." He made his way over to the sink, leaning against it.

"I can go by myself, Rem!" I dried my hands and went to the door, finding the rest of the group waiting. "Besides, you will all be late to class."

I avoided making eye contact with James. I pushed past the boys and started heading towards the dungeons.

"Fine! We will meet you at Lunch." Remus sighed after checking the time. They had Care of Magical Creatures, the furthest class from Potions. Remus, James and Sirius went in the other direction, but Peter followed me.

"Don't you have Care of Magic Creatures?" I asked him.

"No." He replied as his hand brushed a bit too close to my thigh.

I tried to move further away, but he kept walking closer and closer to me. As we reached the potions classroom, he left me alone, turning around and going in the opposite direction.

---Time Skip---

As my second class ended, I made my way to Lunch. I made it there before the rest of the group; I sat down and pulled out a book to read. Soon, the others started to arrive. Peter sat beside me while a fellow Gryffindor, Abbie, sat on my other side. James, Remus and Sirius sat across from us.

I tried to make myself as small as possible, not wanting to invade Abbie's space but not wanting to be near Peter. Now, it was my turn to push food around on my plate.

"Y/n, aren't you going to eat anything?" Remus asked, his voice still dripping with concern.

"I'm not hungry." As I spoke, I could feel a hand rest on my thigh.

I tried to move my leg away, but his hand went further up. I was finally having enough.

"Will you stop touching me? I don't like it!" I jumped up, almost in tears, as I snapped at Peter.

All eyes were on us as Peter raised his arms in defence. Remus jumped from his seat, grabbing Peter by the collar as I ran out. James followed me out, and as I slumped down against the wall, he sat beside me.

"May I give you a hug?" I buried my head in his shoulder as I cried.

He wrapped his arms around me. We sat in silence until Remus came out.

"Y/n, are you okay?" I nod into James' shoulder.

"Can you tell us exactly what happened and if it has happened before?" James asked.

"H-he keeps putting his hand on my thigh, he walks way too close to me, and he just gives me the creeps." I looked up at my brother.

The Great Hall door flew open as Peter ran out, nursing a bleeding nose. James squeezed me closer to him.

"Moony, what did you do to Peter?" James asked as Peter ran in the opposite direction.

"I told him to leave my sister alone, and I punched him in the nose. Nothing much; I'm not finished with him yet." He glared at Peter as he disappeared around a corner.

"I hope you didn't get into trouble for me." I looked down at the ground.

"I don't care if I get into trouble. You are my sister, and no one lays a hand on you. I'm sure he will get in much more trouble than Sirius and I." He reassured me.

James removed his arms around me, allowing me to move into my brother's embrace instead.

"If you don't mind, I would also like to give Peter peace of mind," James says, standing and walking away.

"You know you should have told me." Remus held me close to his chest; as I said, he is a very protective brother.

"I know, but you guys were so close to Peter I didn't want to ruin it." I sobbed.

"Friends come and go, Y/n, family is forever. (Some families have other members who can rot in hell.) I will always put you above anyone else." I wonder if he would think that if he knew James and I had kissed.