CHAPTER 4

Minjeong picked up a call from school. She didn't come today because she had to attend a court.

"it's going well, ma'am. I have to go to another case." Minjeong walks to her car, about to go to another courthouse.

"the kids are looking for you."

"really?" Minjeong chuckles, starting her car. "I'll be back in two days. Is that okay?"

"I don't even know why you 'work' at this school. I wish you good luck."

"thank you, Eunbi. I'll get going." Minjeong then starts driving. "bye. Have a good day."

-

Coming back home, Minjeong is greeted by her sister.

"a long case?" Chaewon helps her with her coat.

"multiple. I have three tomorrow. If I can make it." Minjeong plopped down on the couch. "that fucking trial takes so long, I can memorize the dumb shit that that wife said to her husband."

"you should sleep." Chaewon looks at the time.

"I have to go over the evidence for tomorrow's case. It's a lot." Minjeong stands up after a short time. "It'll take all night."

"I'll wake you up."

-

Jimin arrived at the car dealership early in the morning to test her luck. Her experiences are decent but at least she has the ability to talk to customers. She walks into the building and someone hurriedly approaches her.

"good morning, miss. How can I help you?" he asked politely.

"I'm here for an interview. I applied for salesperson." Jimin replied.

"right this way, miss."

He guides her inside the building, through hallways and walk past some offices, then they enter an elevator.

"as you know, leaders are always on top." He breaks the ice. "I'm Han, by the way. sales manager."

"so, I'll be working for you?" Jimin didn't expect him to be in that position

"you can't say that in here. Those titles are for formalities only. As long as we know what's our job, we do it, and do it well." Han explained.

"odd." Jimin remembered how strict her past bosses were.

"I know." Han responded as they got to the floor. "It'll be easy from here. Left side is for managers and right side is for the owner and CEO, which is the one you need to go to." He stays inside the elevator, waiting for Jimin to get out.

"thank you, Han."

Jimin follows Han's direction, going to the right. she can see two offices, guessing that she needs to go to the bigger ones.

"come in!" there's a woman inside calling her.

Jimin walks in, bowing a little to the CEO.

"have a seat. Give me your resume and CV."

Jimin sits down and put her files on the table.

"any interest in cars or bikes?"

"I haven't worked in that field, ma'am. I'd like to take the opportunity to learn in your company." Jimin responded politely.

"you'll be better in modelling. We have room for that."

"I'm really sorry, ma'am. I have no interest in modelling. I'd like to stick to my initial field which is marketing and or sales, as written on the papers." Jimin politely refused.

"well, then." the woman put the files on the table. "have you seen Han? You should talk to him. he knows a lot about what you need to know. start training tomorrow morning, go home at five or six, depends on how crowded it is, and we'll have a uniform."

"thank you so much, Mrs. Shin." Jimin stands up then bows at her.

"yeah, no problem. Just don't be late." Mrs. Shin smiles lightly at her. "I still wanna put you up to be a model."

Jimin's eyes widened a little, getting flustered.

"do you have a family member that I should know of, by any chance?"

"I have a son." Jimin nervously replied.

"oh, I have a daughter. If he needs something, like an emergency, I'll let you leave. But, you have to go back here again. Just contact Han or me, okay?"

Jimin is surprised by the way she's being too kind for a new worker.

"I don't know how much I should thank you right now, ma'am. I really appreciate your kindness." Jimin bowed lower.

"don't take it for granted. I still wanna see how much you want this job and how you work based on your skills. You may leave."

-

"hey, Ryu. Someone just got mad and destroyed my bumper." Minjeong called her friend while she's driving home from work.

"coming here?"

"no. I'm just telling you. I will go there. Just not tonight. I still have my other car." Minjeong put the call on the radio so it doesn't bother her.

"yeah, that's okay. let me know if you wanna buy a new one."

"too busy." Minjeong chuckles. "that's it basically. Just giving you a heads up."

"waiting on you, bud."

The call shortly ended and Minjeong focuses back on her ride. Today is somehow more tiring than yesterday, she could just sleep here and now. to avoid any accident, she decided to stop by a café.

"one americano, please." Minjeong ordered.

"please wait, ma'am. We'll call you."

Minjeong looks for an empty seat and sits down, enjoying her waiting time as she closes her eyes.

"isn't that the lawyer? I heard she left her family to work."

"can't you believe she's teaching my daughter? I mean, why would she teach at an elementary school? I hope she's not a pedophile."

"it's kinda creepy. You guys should've seen her face when facing the children. I'm honestly creeped out."

Minjeong heard them talking shit about her. it gets her more stressed out but she needs to compose herself and not make a scene.

"Winter?"

Minjeong heard her nickname being called. She quickly takes her order and gets out of there.

She managed to survive on her way home, as always, Chaewon is waiting for her.

"I'm just gonna go to sleep." Minjeong takes off her coat and goes straight to her room.

She's not sleeping, of course. just don't wanna be bothered. That cup of coffee can accompany her the whole night.