CHAPTER 6

Jimin is waking her son up on this beautiful Saturday morning where they planned to spend their free day together.

"where do you wanna go, sweetheart? We have a long day."

"I want to stay home with mommy." Gunhoo sits on the bed, looking at Jimin who's cleaning the room a little.

"don't you wanna go outside? We can go buy toys." Jimin smiles at him.

"well... we can buy a plane. All my toys are cars and trucks." Gunhoo jumps down from his bed. "I want a ship!" he hugs Jimin from behind.

"that's great! Go get ready."

"and I want books! Mrs. Kim told me to read a lot." He said as he runs outside to the bathroom.

"okay!"

Shortly after Gunhoo finished his shower, Jimin has already prepared a brunch for them.

"I actually wanna eat outside. Can we have a picnic, mom?" Gunhoo stood behind a dining chair resting his head on it.

"we can go to the park." Jimin looked at him. "there's a beautiful lake with birds, ducks, and swans, probably."

"yes!" Gunhoo jumps excitedly a few times. "can we get uncle Yeonjun?"

"sadly, he's busy even on weekends." Jimin replied as she prepares the picnic basket. She can take her time, knowing that she has a lot of time with her son.

"can we call him? please?"

"we can try." Jimin smiles at him. "do you want to bring something else?"

"do we have bread? We have to feed the ducks."

-

The two arrived at the park. As Jimin said, there are a few ducks and some birds. she's not really a fan on birds, especially pigeons, but, for Gunhoo, she's willing to fight her fear. They're lucky that today the weather is also nice. There are a lot of people hanging out here. Families, friends, even couples.

"you have to eat before feeding them, okay?" Jimin said to him after setting the picnic blanket.

"okay." Gunhoo sits across his mother, taking a sandwich from a lunchbox.

After Gunhoo's tummy got filled, he asked Jimin if he can go and chase some birds and ducks. Of course, Jimin let him. by now, Gunhoo is hanging out near the pigeons, feeding them with bread crumbs. Soon, some ducks joined him. there are a couple of big swans as well. Jimin gathers up some courage to approached them.

"come here, mommy!" Gunhoo excitedly called.

"I'm okay, right here!" Jimin pressed a smile. She thought that she's close enough to keep an eye on him.

Gunhoo is having a lot of fun, chasing birds, and feeding them. He then starts running around the park, still in Jimin's view. Jimin decided to just enjoy her leisure time, following Gunhoo from afar.

"be careful, darling!" Jimin noticed her son sitting near the lake.

Gunhoo is watching the ducks chilling on the water. He's trying to reach down and play with the water, wanting to feel it. he's currently squatting, still has some bread in his hands.

"hey, stop! These are for ducks!" Gunhoo got cornered by the swans. Though he's taller than them, swans can attack him. he gets panicked then stumbles after his feet steps on the slope side of the ground.

"Gunhoo!" Jimin soon noticed him. it is unfortunate that Jimin herself can't swim and she doesn't know how deep is the lake.

Jimin runs towards him who's somehow has gotten further from the edge. Then, It took long enough before someone jumps in among all the people who's watching. Jimin is too anxious to notice who they are.

"oh, Gunhoo. Baby, I'm sorry." Jimin goes straight to her son after they're out of the water.

"c'mon, c'mon." someone is doing a CPR to the boy.

Gunhoo soon coughed up a lot of water from his mouth, sitting up, and goes straight to hug Jimin.

"thank you so much." Jimin finally looks up. "Mrs. Kim?"

"yeah... hi." Minjeong is still panting. Swimming with trousers and shirt wasn't really ideal.

"thank you so much, ma'am. I will help you with your clothes. Maybe I can-"

"it's alright, Jimin. We're outside of school." Minjeong stands up, brushing off some dirt from her clothes. "you should teach him how to swim. Just a suggestion, though."

"thank you Mrs. Kim." Gunhoo extended his hand.

Minjeong didn't bother to take it, instead, she hugs him tightly.

"better to stay with your mom." Minjeong stifles.

"what are you doing here?" Jimin wondered.

"I was seeing my client. Now..." Minjeong looks back. "he left."

"I can offer you a ride or something. We still have some food. I really wanna thank you." Jimin was hopeful.

"my mommy made great sandwiches. I can share." Gunhoo added.

"okay." Minjeong replied after seeing the look on his cute face. She then follows them to their picnic spot.

"your client must be important. I'm really sorry that you had to be interrupted with this." Jimin feels really sorry.

"someone's life is more important than any of my job. I'm just glad that he's alive." Minjeong smiles at them.

"what about your clothes? You must be cold." Jimin asked as she offered her a sandwich.

"it is cold." Minjeong chuckles. She then takes the sandwich and take a bite. "oh, it's nice. Thank you."

"you said you will give me warm hugs when I'm cold. Can you do that to Mrs. Kim?" Gunhoo innocently said.

"I can give one to you." Jimin looks at Gunhoo, a little taken aback by what he said. "sorry about that." she then looks at Minjeong.

"no problem. That's just how they think, right?" Minjeong finished her sandwich. "I think I should go now. have a good day. thanks for the sandwich."

Minjeong then leaves them to continue their quality time.

"are we gonna still buy toys?" Gunhoo asked.

"we go home first, okay?"