CHAPTER 59

"sis... wake up."

Minjeong opens her eyes, seeing Chaewon in front of her with a cup of coffee. She noticed that she's covered with blanket and has a pillow under her head.

"what time is it?" Minjeong sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"ten." Chaewon sits beside her and put the cup on the table. "had a fight?"

"I don't know. I'm just trying to help. Is it too much?"

"okay, you're still dumb about all these relationship things." Chaewon rolled her eyes. "how would you feel if your partner went out with someone else every day without you? you guys even have lunch and dinner together. Weren't you supposed to do that with Jimin?"

"but, we're not doing anything. I told her everything even when I'm with Isa. I even called her."

"Jimin told me everything that she felt and honestly I know what's happening to you." Chaewon sighs.

"where's she?"

"she went home." Chaewon informed. "c'mon. I know he helped our family's company but you're still your own person. That company is yours. Don't act like he did all the work."

"but, Soohyun..." Minjeong looks down.

"ugh! He's just the same! This is why I don't wanna takeover the company. fucking annoying." Chaewon got frustrated.

"what do you mean he's the same? He has his own company." Minjeong raised an eyebrow looking at her

"you know where he got all his starter money and funds?" Chaewon looked back at her. "right. from James."

"oh." Minjeong nods slowly. "so, I basically do the right thing. He's a nice person, nice enough to help us."

"do you really understand how this all work?" Chaewon ruffles Minjeong's hair aggressively. "he ASKED to be paid back. no one in this world can just do business, help someone, and wish for nothing in return."

"I understand that." Minjeong slapped her hand away. "but, he didn't. it's all just casual and I agreed to that."

"oh, gosh. I can't believe dad trusted you with the company." Chaewon sarcastically chuckles. "whatever. Go talk to your girlfriend."

-

Minjeong arrived at the law firm, going straight to her office. Yujin is already there, but, Giselle is nowhere in sight.

"assistant out, Ahn Yujin in."

"what?" Minjeong stifles at her silly behaviour. "anyway, what do we have? I feel like I don't have that much client anymore."

"just two cases. Giselle got an emergency so she left it to me." Yujin leaned on the front side of Minjeong's desk after the lawyer sat down.

"emergency?" Minjeong asked while reading the files. "she didn't say anything."

"that's why it's an emergency." Yujin gestured, extending her arms forward dramatically. "anyway... I made an improvement."

"that's good." Minjeong doesn't look up.

"you're not fun." Yujin takes a seat. "Namjoon said I can replace you."

"what?" Minjeong finally looks up. "what does that mean?"

"I don't know. I still ask him about stuff and suddenly he said that-"

"Minjeong..." the man that was talked about shows up, cutting Yujin off. "can you come to my office for a sec?"

"sure."

Minjeong gets out of the room, following her senior. Upon entering his office, Namjoon allowed her to sit right away.