CHAPTER 50

As Minjeong promised, she wants to take Jimin to James's new shop. Of course, they talked about it beforehand and Jimin is willing to check the place.

"I guess this is the store. It's good that we come on the grand opening." Minjeong parked her car at the available parking lot.

"it's bigger than I thought." Jimin commented as they both gets out of the car.

"he's already rich. It'll be a surprise if it's small."

The two walks in, immediately greeted by a young woman with a smile. Before she can say anything, James shows up behind her with a glass of champagne.

"aha! The most important guest." James smiles widely, greeting both of them.

"congrats, James. As expected, it's grand." Minjeong shakes his hand. "you already have enough workers."

"oh, no, no. some of them are volunteers." James leans closer to her. "I paid them way cheaper just for today."

"oh." Minjeong nods understandingly. "are you interested in fashion?" she looks at Jimin.

"I can work with anything." Jimin shrugs.

"then, I'll give you an exclusive tour!" James excitedly said. "meanwhile... you can go with Isa."

James looks around the room, finding his daughter with the other guests. He calls her with waving his hand.

"give her a tour. We have three floors to go." James said to Isa.

"why don't we go together?" Isa asked.

"we have different things to talk about. Just take her somewhere, okay?" James smiles at Isa and stands beside Jimin. "chop, chop."

James and Jimin walks away together with him leading. Minjeong feels a little sad but she averted her gaze at Isa.

"he's just excited." Isa nervously smiles at Minjeong. "I heard that she wants to work here."

"ah, yes. I've talked bout it with her and she's willing to give it a try." Minjeong said as they both walk further into the store. "a little far from where we live, but, I don't mind. I can still visit her."

"so thoughtful of you." Isa chuckles. "oh, we have each floor for each category. The men's section is at the third."

Minjeong follows the girl to the elevator. there are other guests joining them, makes it a little cramped. Isa is not too comfortable with this situation, so, involuntarily, she tugs Minjeong's coat and grabs it tightly.

Minjeong who noticed this, grabs her hand. When the elevator door opens, the two let go of their hands. They come out of the elevator feeling awkward with each other.

"I'm sorry. Really sorry." Isa said to her when there are no people around.

"it's okay. my past wife acts like that too." Minjeong smiles at her. she then looks around. "so this is the men's section?"

"oh, actually most of it. my dad put the unisex clothes here as well." Isa leads her way.

"interesting. Does he have a designer or you take brands?" Minjeong wants to invest in this.

"that's the plan. For now, we're working with some famous and local brands." Isa explained. "I can tell dad if you want to invest. The place is strategic, the brands are great, and we hired the best employees to serve our customers."

"I was just thinking about it." Minjeong stifles. "I'll talk to him myself, it's okay."

-

Jimin is waiting for Minjeong to come home. After they go to the store, Minjeong got other errands to do, so, she got home first.

"mommy?" Gunhoo looks up from his homework, looking at Jimin who's playing with her phone.

"yes, honey?" Jimin looked back at him.

"I want Alice to visit us. honestly, it's not good if I came to her house every time. can we invite them, mom?"

"sure, baby. Make sure to talk to uncle Jeonghan, okay?"

"thanks, mom." Gunhoo smiles and goes back to his homework.

Then, someone opened the door. Minjeong walks right in, greeting Jimin with a kiss on the head.

"hey to you too, buddy." Minjeong ruffles his hair.

"do you have a good day, ma?" Gunhoo turns his body towards her.

"well..." Minjeong glanced at Jimin then back at her son. "now I do."

"what happened?" Jimin asked.

"we have those days. The case are heavy and the client was making it hard for me to defend her."

"we can cuddle." Gunhoo chimed in.

"then I better take a shower."