CHAPTER 12

Minjeong is just about to enter her apartment. she's not too busy today, so she planned to do a reading for her upcoming case in peace, hopefully.

"good evening, ma'am."

Minjeong turns around and see three cops and a man in suit. Two cops starts restraining Minjeong, putting Minjeong wrists in handcuffs.

"can you at least explain? Did I do anything wrong, officers? I'm sure there must be a mistake." Minjeong didn't fight the cops. She's just wondering.

"we're from SMPD, got a report that you bribe one of the judges to win your case. you have the right to remain silent and may come with us to the station." The man in suit explained.

"I need to call my lawyer."

-

Minjeong sits on a seating in a jail. She doesn't know why someone could've accused her for something like this when she doesn't even ask for her clients to pay a certain amount.

"Mrs. Kim."

Minjeong looks up, seeing an officer standing outside the cell.

"your lawyer arrived." He opened the iron door and let Minjeong out, still putting on her handcuff.

"rare occasion." A man greeted her.

The officer takes them to an interrogation room so they can have some privacy to talk.

"hey, Namjoon. I had to call." Minjeong sits across him. "I just need a backup and I know you're the only one who can help."

"I'm glad

"I'm glad. Now, I have some questions."

Namjoon starts questioning her to better understand the situation. From her clients, judges that she knows, even her risky cases.

"I can't think of no one who's mean enough to do it." Minjeong sighs. "any other suspect?"

"you tell me. many of them are powerful enough to bring your career down." Namjoon takes off his glasses. "I hope you don't mind staying here for a few days."

"of course, I do. you're hilarious." Minjeong stifles. "make it fast, please. I'll lose my reputation if this made it to the news."

-

A couple days has passed. Minjeong's accusation made it to the news already. In result, she's banned from the school and her reputation went downhill.

"Mrs. Kim, your lawyer is here." An officer opened the door and put her on handcuffs. He then leads her to a private room like before.

"good news, bad news." Namjoon said as he watched her sits down. "bad news, your job is at stake. Everyone is hating you thinking that you always bribe someone to win."

"I hope the good news is better." Minjeong sighs, already feeling hopeless.

"I managed to gather some information about what happened to you." Namjoon opens up a file in front of him. "this is the judge that's been bribed, Michael Sanders. Know him?"

"uhm... he's the one sentencing one of my clients. I think his name is... Daniel? Daniel Mason. Other than that, I don't know." Minjeong recalled.

"good memories, as usual. other than Daniel, there's other case. the judge let him go because he could pay the fine. fully. At least, that's what he said to medias. He's quite powerful."

"other than Daniel...." Minjeong turns the gears in her head.

"Yeonjun Choi." Namjoon gives her another file. "he likes to work on the low. Not many knows him but he's quite big in nightlife businesses."

"fuck

"fuck." Minjeong realized who he is after seeing his photo. "fuck me!"

"so, you know him." Namjoon understands the reaction. "maybe you've seen him somewhere?"

"I've seen him." Minjeong huffed.

"good. I'll look it up more. Take care."

-

Jimin found out about Minjeong from the news. She also knows that she's banned from the school. That might be the reason why Gunhoo have been feeling down lately.

"is Mrs. Kim okay, mommy?" Gunhoo asked while the two of them are watching his favorite show.

"she's okay. she's just taking a break." Jimin smiles, reassuring her son. "after this episode, you should go sleep, okay?"

"okay."

And so, Gunhoo finally goes to sleep after Jimin put him to bed. Jimin is somehow curious about Minjeong's alleged crime. She starts with going on her phone and search for Minjeong's name.

"she's more famous that I thought." Jimin said to herself as she scrolls through the web. Then she comes across her current news.

After reading it, Jimin can't really understand. Minjeong can't be someone who does that kind of thing. Regardless, that's actually not her business. She can only read what's on the news and wait for the updates.

-

The next morning, Jimin called Yeonjun to accompany Gunhoo while she's away. He gladly agreed to do that, of course.

Everything is going well at work. Jimin's pitches were able to gain some buyers. When she's on a break, she got a call from Yeonjun.

"I'm still at work, you know that." Jimin answered.

"yeah, I'm sorry. I have an emergency work. I can't leave it." Yeonjun informed. "I'll call someone to take care of Gunhoo, okay?"

"really, now? take him here." Jimin sighs, feeling a little disappointed. "I still have hours of work."

"okay. I'm really sorry."