Chapter Three

"So what is a beautiful girl like you doing in a place like this?" Gilbert asks while handing you a drink.

You blush slightly.

Did he just call me beautiful?

"Well, I'm on my way back to my hometown. I should be there in about two weeks" you say with a slight smile.

"Where are you from?" Gilbert asks

"Avonlea, Prince Edward Island," you say and then take a sip of your drink, while looking at him.

"Really? That's where I'm from!" Gilbert says raising his eyebrows. "But I've never seen you before."

"Well when I was young my Grandmother fell ill and needed someone to look after her so, I decided to go and take care of her. She recently died so that's why I'm going back home," you say with a small smile.

"I'm very sorry for your loss," Gilbert says while he scrunches his eyebrows.

"If you're from Avonlea how come you've never heard of me?" he asks with a frown.

"Well, now you mention it. I think I have, my sister Ruby... when I would visit she would never stop talking about Gilbert Blythe the guy of her dreams" you say chuckling

"I should have known with the last name that you were related," Gilbert laughs shaking his head. "That's also not very surprising. Ruby has had a crush on me for years now" he says chuckling.

"Are you ever coming back?" you ask with a small frown.

"I don't know... M-my father wanted me to see the world" A sad expression appeared on his face as he sat down after throwing away the napkins.

You look at him for a few seconds and a painful silence sets in. You heard all about what happened in your sister's letters. Poor guy.

When you all finish your drinks, you decide it's time for you to start looking for your hotel.

"Well, I better get going," you say, wiping your dress with some napkins.

"It was nice to meet you Y/n," Sebastian says

"Nice to meet you too Sebastian," you say while standing up.

Gilbert and Sebastian stand up as well. "I hope we'll meet again sometime," Gilbert says and you nod.

"If you ever decide to come back, write me," you say smiling at him. You look into his eyes for a moment, you can see why Ruby likes him. You quickly kiss his cheek. "Goodbye!" you say before walking away from Sebastian and a heavily blushing Gilbert.

You smile to yourself. You hope he comes back to Avonlea someday.