Chapter Nineteenth

You were walking out the school doors, you wanted to go home badly. This day was awful, you were confused about your feelings for Gilbert and hated that you were fighting with your little sister.

“Y/n wait up!” You hear Gilbert yelling.

You turn around and smile at him. “Hey,” you say looking at him.

“Why didn’t you wait for me?” he asks walking up to you,

“Well your house is in the other direction and I didn’t think you were planning on walking me home,” you say scratching your neck.

“But why are you in such a hurry?” He asks as he takes your hand in his. You squeeze it gently and smile.

“To be honest Gilbert… I'm exhausted. I went to bed very late and woke up early. I’m in a fight with Ruby and I have dance practice.” you say sighing.

“Oh…need my help with anything?” he asks with furrowed brows.

“If you want you can watch me dance and tell me what you think,” you say with a smile.

“I’d love to help,” he says.

“That’s great, let’s get going.”

You guys continue walking to your house as you complain about your fight with Ruby.

“What are you guys fighting about anyway?” Gilbert asks chuckling.

“She’s mad at me because she believes she has “dibs” on you. She hates the fact that we’re hanging out now.”

Gilbert chuckles again, “Well she’s gonna have to get used to it.” He says, he smirks at you when he notices the small blush on your face.

You flush harder and look away.

“What do you want me to do?” Gilbert asks when your’re opening the door to your house.

“Just sit in the chair and when I ask what you think you’ll tell me honestly,” you say smiling, you walk through the door.

 “Let’s go to the kitchen, I’ll explain it more over tea.”

Gilbert follows you as you walk through the hallway, you throw your bag in a corner and sit down.