Chapter Twenty Three

After dinner, you and Gilbert decided to do your work and not mess around this time. You started to get frustrated because you didn’t understand the math you were trying to do.

You huff, “I give up, this is so stupid.” you say irritated.

“Give me your paper, I’ll help you.” he reached for your paper to see what you were on. 

“This is what we learned today, do you not remember?” He asked

“Well, I was a little distracted by something,” you say while scratching your neck.

“From something or someone?” Bash yells from the Kitchen.

This causes you to blush and look away. Gilbert also blushes and looks away.

You guys soon forget about what Bash said. Gilbert taught you how to do the math and you eventually got it down.

After a few hours of working and talking you decided to go to bed.

You went and got changed into your nightgown and made your way into Gilbert’s room.

You lay down on one side of the bed facing Gilbert who is standing taking off his vest but leaving his shirt. He climbs into bed and lays down next to you.

“Goodnight Ms.Gillis,” He said as he smiled at you.

“Goodnight Mr.Blythe,” you said closing your eyes and dreaming about Gilbert. 

The next morning you wake up relatively early. You slowly open your eyes and feel the weight of an arm on your side.

The realization hits you and you widen your eyes and a blush appears on your cheeks. 

You look to the side and see Gilbert looking at you with a cheeky smile.

“Morning gorgeous,” He says with a wider smile.

“Morning,” you say confused, “Why are you up early,” you ask sitting up.

“It’s about 5:30” Gilbert replies pulling his arm away from underneath you and sits up as well.

“Then why are you awake and well…watching me sleep?” you ask with a smile

“Because when I woke up and saw you I couldn’t look away,” he says with all seriousness. This causes you to blush madly.

“Let’s eat breakfast,” he said out of nowhere causing you to have this confused face.