Chapter Fourty-Eight

Your eyes widen when you hear the voice of a person whom you were so familiar with. You quickly rushed to make sure that all the hair was in its place and you straightened out your clothing.

The door finally opened and you instantly light up when seeing the smiling face of Gilbert Blythe.

“Hey, Y/n. What are you doing here?”

“I have something for you.” You took out a letter from the inside of your coat and handed it to him.

“It’s an invitation, my Mother is hosting this gathering or something and she would like you to come.”

Gilbert took the letter gently into his own hands. He stared at it for a moment before looking back at you.

“I’m sure that I can come, who exactly did she invite?” He added while he fiddled with his hand.

You thought for a moment, “Umm..pretty much the whole town…yeah, I think that’s accurate.”

Gilbert chuckled but nodded nonetheless. “Well tell your Mother that I’ll make sure to drop by. Although it would be better if the entire town didn’t have to come.

You looked at him in confusion while raising your eyebrows, “Oh really? And why is that?” you asked with genuine curiosity.

“It will be harder for me to spend some alone time with you. You know just the two of us..” Gilbert said with a joking smile on his face.

It didn’t take very long for you to burst out into laughter.

“Gilbert Blythe! You are such a flirt!” Gilbert laughed along with her. 

“I’m only joking, but besides that, it really would be nice to spend some time with you.”

You sighed, “Speaking of time, I guess I’ll have to spend more time with you later on. Good evening, Mr. Blythe.”

Gilbert smiled as he saw you walk away from him and the house.

“See you at school, Ms. Gillis.”

You glanced at him from over your shoulder and waved at him. You turned back around feeling giddy.

Without knowing you left behind a Gilbert Blythe feeling very giddy as well.