Chapter Thirty-Three

You are back from break and you are sitting in class, listening to Mr. Phillips go on and on about stuff. You were thinking about everything that had happened at the dinner and the gift you had received from Gilbert. 

You were ashamed of yourself for talking to Gilbert the way you did and you wanted to take back everything you said. The only thing that stops you is that you don’t think he would listen to you.

You decide to pay attention to the lesson so you won’t get yelled at by your parents or fail the class.

“And a word or phrase that makes specific the meaning of another word or phrase is?...”

You looked up from your slate focusing back on the lesson and at Mr. Phillips. You pondered for a moment then you remembered the answer, it was a modifier. Though, before you should raise your hand Mr. Phillips had started speaking again.

“Perhaps the good doctor can tell us the answer?”

What did he mean by ‘good doctor’ did Gilbert tell him about his dream? You decided to glance at the person Mr.Phillips was referring to.

It was Gilbert.

Your stomach did a flip, you felt so bad about the other night. You shouldn’t have acted the way you did toward him, you don’t even know why you are so mad at him.

Gilbert looked up from his book and glared at Mr.Phillips.

“The answer is modifier, sir. And I managed to learn that with no extra time from you.”

You were shocked, Gilbert had never acted like that before.

The whole class gasped and giggled, and you found yourself starting to smile, however, you quickly hit it and looked back down at your slate.

“Correct.” Mr.Phillips finally said, then he turned away mad.