Chapter Fourty-Four

The smile on your face fell.

You could tell that Prissy was thinking about running away from him.

She probably realized he didn’t want to give her the future she deserved, he wanted her to be an obedient housewife.

“Prissy?” Mr.Phillips asked. With a look of confusion on his face, wondering why she had a look of fear on her face. 

Everyone was waiting for Prissy to make any type of movement. She looked at her parents and you could see her Mother nodding at her.

She turned to him, bouquet in her hands dropping it to the floor at the same time.

Suddenly, she started to run off down the aisle, and out of the church doors.

You knew in your gut you should go after her and check to see if she was okay, so you did.

You stood and ran after Prissy. Anne, Ruby, Jane, and Diana followed after you. 

Outside of the doors you look for Prissy and find her running through the snow trying to get away from the church. 

After a couple of minutes, you found Prissy on her knees in the snow. You put your hand on her back and bent down beside her.

“Are you okay?” you asked immediately.

She continued to look at the ground.

Prissy suddenly looked up from the ground and laughed, “Never been better in my entire life.” You couldn’t seem to remember the last time Prissy laughed like that. A free spirit.

The blonde stood, grabbed some snow on the way up, and threw it at you and Anne with a big smile on her face.

You and Anne giggled and then took a handful of snow and chucked it back at her.

Soon enough, you and the girls are throwing snow at each other and spinning in circles.