Chapter Twenty Nine

It’s been about an hour since you were told Gilbert was coming over and you finally decide to get ready. You decide to put on your nicest dress and curl your hair. You also decided to put a little bit more makeup on since you still liked him. 

Pretty soon Gilbert would arrive, and you did not want to go downstairs.

You wanted to stay in your room and read, sleep, or do anything else than eat Christmas dinner with Gilbert Bluthe and Ruby.

You wore a dark green dress that your Mother had made for you with velvet fabric, it hugged your frame perfectly. You also had a matching ribbon to put in your hair.

“Y/n, Ruby! Come downstairs, Gilbert and his friend will be here any minute!” You raise your eyebrows in confusion, who was his friend? Is it Bash? You pushed your thoughts away and left your room, dreading every step you took on your way down.

Your Mother grinned at you when you reached the parlor. You look over at Ruby who was impatiently waiting for Gilbert. She was wearing her best dress and her fair-haired hair was in a bun. 

“You look beautiful Y/n! Green is your color,” Ruby said when you came down.

“Thank you, Ruby.” You replied and smiled back.

Your Father came out from your parent's room. He had his jacket half on. Your Mother shook her head at him, then she walked over to him and fixed his jacket for him.

A knock came on the door causing your heart to stop. You knew your Mother would force you to speak to Gilbert, you wanted to hide in your room.

Your Mother rushed to the door and opened it, Ruby was behind her, with a big smile on her face.