Chapter Fourty-Five

It’s been two days since Prissy’s wedding, you and Ruby just got done with dance practice and making your way into your house. 

“Mother, we’re home,” you state as you and Ruby arrive. You took off your coat and held it on a coat rack.

Your Mother quickly emerged from a room in the house. 

“Oh, Y/n you’re here. Are you still up for passing out the invitations?”

You shrugged, “Sure, could I change my clothes first?” 

Your Mother smiled, “Whatever bakes your potato.”

You sighed. “Mum, no one uses that expression except you.” She shook her head and handed you a stack of letters tied up as a bundle by a string.

You put on your coat again, stuffing the letters in the inside of the coat, and left home after waving at your Mother.

You reluctantly went to Rachel Lynde first. The woman tried to lure you into her house to have tea but you refused and told her you had a lot of places to go.

You went to the Cuthberts next where Anne opened the door once again and instantly smiled when she saw you.

“Victoria! You’re here?” Anne asked as she ran towards you, not caring that she left the door wide open.

You took out the stack and pulled a random letter from the pile and handed it over to Anne. 

“My Mother is hosting a get-together or whatever. I would like it if you came. I don’t have that many friends.” You said rubbing the back of your neck sheepishly.

“Trust me, I can relate. I can tell you right here, right now, that I’ll be coming.” Anne said as she pointed at the letter you had just given her.

“You grinned. “Splendid! I have to go pass the rest of these out but I’ll see you some other time. 

It’s safe to say that you were feeling a lot better as you walked away with a satisfied look etched on your face.