Chapter Seventy-Five

You knocked on Mrs. Stacy’s door. You were supposed to be boarding a train that would take you to Queens but instead, you were at Mrs. Stacy’s house.

Mrs. Stacy opened the door, confusion spreading across her face when she saw her student with a worried facial expression.

“I don’t know if I want to go to Queens, is that bad?” you explained rather quickly.

“No, of course it isn’t. It happens to the best of us. It’s just nerves–” Mrs. Stacy tried to speak but you interrupted her before she could finish.

“-No, it’s not just nerves. I think I want to do something with dance. But if I want to do that, Queens isn’t the right college.”

“Well, why don’t you come in and we can talk more, okay?”

“Okay.” Mrs. Stacy moved so you could walk inside.

She led you to her living room and let you sit down. “Now tell me why this sudden change of heart?”

“It’s not a “change of heart.” I’ve been thinking about this for a long time.” you paused, looking down at your hands. “I love to dance.”

“You know, many colleges offer a major in dance, maybe you could do that?”

You smiled but then frowned. “That’s a great idea, Mrs. Stacy, but Queens doesn't offer that.”

“Well, I’m already sending a letter to a friend who works for the University of Toronto about Gilbert, I could add your name to the list.”

You furrowed your brow in confusion. “Wait, Gilbert isn’t going to the Sorbonne?” you inquired/

“Not, for some reason.”

You stood. “Oh, okay. Mrs. Stacy, thank you so much for this.”

You and Anne are walking together right before she has to leave for Queens, and you have to inform her that you won’t be going with her.

“I have something to tell you, and you won’t like it.”

Anne tilted her head, confused. “What is it?”

“I’m not going to Queens,” you told her.

Anne’s mouth fell agape in shock. “What? Why–”

“-I got accepted into the University of Toronto.” Anne has an unreadable facial expression which worries you. “I’m sorry, I should’ve told you but I didn’t know for sure.”

Anne smiled as tears glistened in her eyes. “I’m so happy for you.” She hugged you tightly and squeezed the daylights out of you.

Even more, tears slipped down your face, causing you to giggle. “I’m going to miss you so much, Anne.”

Anne sniffled, then wrapped her arms around you again. “I’m going to miss you too, Y/n.”

A few days later, you stood at the train station, waiting for your train to arrive. Your whole body shook as you waited, you had never been so nervous. 

You held tighter onto your suitcase and tapped your foot on the floor out of pure boredom.

“Y/n?” you heard someone say from behind you. You spun around and faced the unknown person.

Gilbert Blythe.