~Chapter 9~

"Yes, I'll help you with that," Josephine assures Evan as they stroll towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts class, with Regulus walking alongside her

Since she inquired about how he knew of the attack, they haven't really engaged in much conversation. Regulus appears determined to act as if it never happened, and Josephine is fine with that.

Technically, it is their first day of Defense Against the Dark Arts, as the initial class was canceled due to some unforeseen issue.

"Charlie Rivers is the professors name, right?" Evan inquires as they turn a corner.

"Yes," Josephine confirms, then turns to Regulus, who seems unusually quiet.

"Are you alright?" she whispers to him. He shakes himself out of his thoughts and nods slightly.

Though she wants to inquire further, they are entering the classroom, leaving no room for more questions.

The classroom appears normal so far, with a few students already seated. There are two rows of desks, each accommodating two students.

"Do you think there's assigned seating?" Evan looks around and asks.

"Probably not," Josie shrugs, choosing a table in the middle of a row. Regulus sits beside her, while Evan takes the desk in front of them.

Leaning towards Regulus, Josephine asks, "Can I see what you've been drawing recently?"

Once again, Regulus snaps out of his thoughts, revealing a sketchbook from his bag. He opens it to a random page and places it on the desk.

Observing a landscape view from one of Hogwarts' windows, Josephine can't help but breathe out, "This is so good."

Regulus simply stares at her.

"Did you always like drawing?" she inquires, realizing that sometimes she feels like she barely knows him, despite them dating.

"Yes," he replies after a moment. "Especially when I'm here."

She nods, and he leans a bit closer. "I know you enjoy reading books. What else do you like to do?"

She shrugs, not having many hobbies, aside from perhaps spying. A small smile appears as the thought crosses her mind.

"Maybe writing," Josie suggests. She used to write more as a child, with stories flowing effortlessly from her brain.

Lately, she finds no time for those stories, and even if she does, she questions if she could still write those happy tales.

"I used to write more stories as a child," she shares her thoughts. "I haven't written any stories in years," she adds, her thoughts starting to take a darker turn.

A gentle tapping on her hand snaps her back to reality. Regulus lightly taps the palm of her hand, and as she looks at his face, she notices a delicate pattern of freckles around his nose.