~Chapter 92~

Josephine affixes her signature at the bottom of the letter, her heart pounding with the weight of what she is about to do

She needs Dumbledore's presence, as well as James, Lily, and Sirius. Perhaps there are others who will stand by her, who will believe her plea for urgency.

Pandora's recent owl acquisition provides a means to deliver her messages. At least that is one thing working in her favor.

With a sense of urgency, she pens a solitary note to Dumbledore, stressing the importance of her information on Death Eaters, demanding immediate attention.

The subsequent letters to James and Sirius are concise yet urgent, summoning them to a designated safe house for a crucial discussion. She leaves specific instructions, setting a date and time: today, at six.

Josie treats the owl to a few well-deserved treats before dispatching it with her letters. Despite her outward calm, nervousness gnaws at her core.

She dreads the confrontation with Dumbledore, knowing it will irrevocably alter their dynamic. And the fear of James and Lily's disbelief weighs heavily on her mind. The thought of them living in perpetual fear because they don't trust her is almost unbearable.

Taking a steadying breath, Josephine braces herself. This is a pivotal moment, one that could signal the beginning of the end. If her revelations are believed, the Order might disband, leaving her to pursue the remaining Horcruxes alone.

Gradually, her plan takes shape, each step measured and deliberate.

First, she will confront Dumbledore, exposing the deceit surrounding the prophecy to James, hoping that he will believe her. If he does, she will disclose her clandestine role as a spy, omitting the perilous topic of Horcruxes. Should James believe her, it might make his friends believe her also.

Next, she will subtly distance herself from Tom. Typically the initiator of their meeting is her, she will simply cease arranging them. By the time news of her confrontation with Dumbledore reaches him, he might have already discerned her intentions.

After revealing all to James, she will embark on the arduous task of locating the final two Horcruxes, annihilating them without hesitation. Then, she faces the inevitable: the demise of both Tom and Dumbledore.

Tom's demise is non-negotiable; leaving him alive would court disaster.

As for Dumbledore, perhaps Azkaban is a fitting fate, though she prays fervently that he will have to stay there forever.

It all hinges on the preceding decision—a relentless cycle of consequence.

"Josephine?" Regulus' voice shatters her reverie.

Suppressing a visible startle, Josie turns, mustering a strained smile as Regulus enters, quietly shutting the door behind him.

"Are you alright?" Concern etches his features as he approaches her by the window.