~Chapter 73~

TW blood, injuries, abuse

It's been about a week since Josephine officially starts living in her new house. Honestly, she loves it more than she probably should.

The only trouble is that it's hard to sleep at night. But that has more to do with her own self rather than the house. The echoing of the house doesn't help either, especially when she's already on edge. There have barely been any order meetings as of late, which is weird, but she's thankful for the break.

Josephine lets out a sigh as she sits up in her bed, the blue comforter bunching around her waist. She can't see much; the only light is the moonlight spilling in from the curtains.

Josie gets up from bed, slipping on some slippers before leaving her room. She leaves a few lights on in the hallways so at least she can see there.

She continues her walk downstairs until she makes it to the downstairs part of the library.

Her books fill up half of the shelves of the lower portion in the library. Even she doesn't have enough books to fill up the shelves yet.

She flicks on the light in the library; it's a dim light which she loves. The other lights the muggles have installed are quite harsh on her eyes. And they make this sound, a low buzz, which annoys her to no end.

Josephine browses the shelves, her eyes flickering over each cover. Then she hears something—a thud coming from outside it seems. Josie tenses. Maybe it's just an animal? She hopes it is.

There are some woods surrounding the house; maybe it's just that. An animal.

Another thud. It comes from near the front door.

Josephine takes out her wand and grips it tightly as she slowly leaves the library and starts to make her way to her front door.

She freezes once more as a knock sounds. A frantic knock, before...silence. Her heart beats increase tenfold.

Josephine makes her way to the front door, her hand gripping the wand tightly.

Is it Tom? Death Eaters?

Josie slowly reaches for the doorknob, then slowly opens it, already having her wand up.

At first, she can't make out who it is.

A man, obviously, but it's too dark to see.

Until he shifts.

The moonlight reveals his face. Regulus.

A half gasp leaves her mouth. "Regulus?" She lights up the end of her wand. He has something in his hand, his trunk perhaps.

Blood. There is blood on his face. Near his hair and coming from his nose.

Her eyes widen. And then he collapses forward. She grunts as she tries to hold him up. Obviously, it isn't working since she is stumbling back. She hears a small thud, probably his trunk leaving his grasp.