~Chapter 80~

About two weeks have passed, and today, Josephine and Regulus find themselves heading to Diagon Alley for their back-to-school shopping

"What else do we need?"

"I want a new uniform," she says, aware of its aging state. She hasn't gotten a new one in years. "And I'll buy whatever you need."

"Josephine—"

"No arguments," she interjects, flashing a smile.

Seated in the living room, side by side on the sofa, Regulus intends to draft a shopping list.

"Whatever," he mutters, a hint of a smile forming.

"Can we leave now?" Josephine inquires, leaning closer.

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes," she affirms.

"Alright," Regulus says, folding the list and tucking it into his pocket as he rises.

Josie gets up, taking Regulus's hand, and in moments, they are in Diagon Alley, greeted by the bright sun and the cacophony of voices, many belonging to first-year Hogwarts students.

It feels strange to be there, considering it's her last year at Hogwarts. The thought sounds odd.

Regulus pulls her out of the way of a passing person. "Thank you," she says, offering a smile. Regulus smirks in response before they resume walking.

Their first stop is for school supplies, primarily new potion equipment. Following Regulus, Josie enters the store where such items are usually stocked.

She simply trails along, allowing him to pick out whatever they both need for the year.

Josephine doesn't relish the thought of returning to school this year. It's a looming dread that weighs heavily on her mind. Perhaps it's the realization that she's edging closer to the moment of betraying Tom, and the looming possibility of her own demise. The odds have shifted now that Regulus knows everything. He's willing to assist her in locating the remaining Horcruxes.

Next summer seems like a more plausible time to embark on such a perilous mission. She's too apprehensive, too consumed by her own selfish desire to enjoy one final year with Regulus. Only then will she fully commit to thwarting both Tom and Dumbledore.

Josephine notices Regulus eyeing a potions kit, a comprehensive set with numerous additional components. He lingers for a moment before moving on.

She pauses in front of it, swiftly snatching it up before catching up to him. Moments later, they approach the counter, where she places the potions kit.

"No, Josephine, I don't need it—" Regulus begins to protest, reaching for it.

"But you want it," she counters.