~Chapter 87~

"Josie!" Evie's voice rings out, and she dashes over to envelop her cousin in a tight hug

Josephine chuckles, reciprocating the embrace as her cousin's warmth envelops her.

Both she and Regulus are spending the day at her aunt's house before venturing into town for some errands.

"Hello, Evie," Josephine greets with a smile as they pull apart.

"Did you have a good year?" Evie inquires, her curls framing her face delicately.

Josie maintains her smile, though memories of that troublesome professor linger. "It was alright,"

"Let them settle, Evie," Nyla chimes in, her affectionate gaze softening the atmosphere.

"Fine, fine," Evie teases, rolling her eyes playfully before guiding Josie to the sofa, Regulus following suit.

"Listen, I have to tell you about this girl I met," Evie begins excitedly.

Being with family feels comforting, yet Josie can't shake the oddity of the word.

Family.

As they engage in casual conversation, Jospehine finds solace in seeing Regulus fitting in effortlessly.

Before they embark on their trip to town, Josie's aunt prepares lunch, earning her gratitude.

"Thank you," Jospehine expresses sincerely as she accepts a bowl of strawberries from her aunt's hands, her smile mirrored by Nyla's.

After finishing their snacks, Josie and Regulus bid farewell to her aunt, promising to visit again soon, before setting off towards town.

"What's on our shopping list?" Regulus inquires as they walk.

"Clothes and food," Josie replies, idly tracing her nails as they stroll under the bright summer sun.

Glancing up at the sky, she's grateful when Regulus catches her hand before she stumbles.

"Thanks," she murmurs, shielding her eyes from the sun's glare.

Summer is proving to be quite the bother.

Navigating through the bustling town, Josephine steers them away from the crowds, opting for a quieter route to the shops. However, her steps falter upon spotting Yrene outside a nearby bar.

Josie raises her hand in a greeting, offering Yrene a small smile before guiding Regulus into one of the nearby shops.

Their shopping list leads them through various stores, from groceries to clothing.

As they complete their food shopping and transition to browsing for clothes, Josie can't help but feel a sense of normalcy settling over her.

It's a rare moment of tranquility, where mundane tasks like shopping for necessities feel like a luxury.