Chapter 11 - Heading to Orange Town

[Chapter Length: 3035 Words.]

Monkey D. Luffy POV

Shell City, East Blue.

"Yo Zoro, I see you got the treasures!" Luffy couldn't help but smile when he saw Zoro with his swords at his side and a bag of gold behind him as Luffy walked out of the main gate of the base alone. He noticed that his companion was still surrounded by marines, but none of them seemed to want to do anything against them now, with defeated looks on their faces.

"I guess so!" Zoro grumbled dissatisfied. He ended up not doing anything while Luffy fought and destroyed the marine base all by himself. He felt a little bad about it since, in the end, he was reduced to being a pack mule by his captain.

Ignoring his new crewmate, Luffy turned to the marines and spoke with enthusiasm, not appearing as if they were mortal enemies, and he offered a friendly smile to their dejected faces.

"With that, we're leaving. Thanks for everything, marines! I hope you won't abuse your people anymore, understood? Oh, one more thing, there's a pink-haired boy who will come to enlist soon, my grandfather, who is a vice-admiral, will come to take care of him. So make sure to welcome him until the old man arrives. The marine who accompanied me to the den den mushi will answer any of your questions, so goodbye!" I said to the marines in a friendly manner.

"This guy just destroyed a part of the base, killed our commander, and stole our gold, not to mention that by contacting the headquarters, we've lost our dignity. How can he act like we're friends right now?" All the marines had this thought. How could they feel okay about it? But Luffy didn't care.

Luffy then turned towards the direction of the destroyed gate with Zoro behind him.

"I think things are going to change a bit with these actions, unlike the original. In the original, Luffy cut off all ties with Koby after Morgan was defeated, but I'm different from the original and wouldn't try to hide the brief moment he had with Koby. But to make Koby have the same fate as the original, since that was his dream, he personally made that call to his grandfather and wanted to meet the old man on purpose. With his actions here, Koby might not fall into the hands of his grandfather, so he directly contacted that man to talk about the boy. Koby had a lot of potential, and the marines would never suspect a direct pupil under the care of the marine hero as a spy, which would be impossible to go unnoticed by my grandfather if that were the case. I say he has a chance to fit in as a spy because the boy had my recommendation and a history of spending a few years on Alvida's ship. Some suspicions could naturally arise."

Ignoring the marines, Luffy turned his attention back to Zoro.

"Let's go, Zoro. We have to see our other crewmates who are waiting for us, and there's a big surprise among them. I'm sure your eyes will pop out with this!" Luffy said with mystery and an encouraging smile.

Zoro saw that but didn't ask any more questions. He simply followed them, his face filled with a sense of defeat.

Then the pair walked through the destroyed crater that used to be the old gate and saw a large crowd gathered outside at the moment. The explosion had drawn the entire city's attention, and almost everyone had come to see what was happening and the destruction caused at the marine base.

"What happened here?"

"Why are only these two coming out of there so calmly?"

"That's Roronoa Zoro, the man captured by Morgan's son!"

"Poor guy, he was just defending a little girl!"

"Speaking of which, I don't think Morgan would just let him leave like that!"