Chapter 110 - Whisky Peak 02.

[Chapter Size: 2421 Words.]
Third Person POV

Whisky Peak, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

During the first few hours, grabbing anything of value they could find in the houses, Luffy managed to accumulate a considerable fortune, no less than 150 million berries. The news of the successful plunder echoed through the city center with the rest of the inhabitants still tied up, and the captain, with his characteristic smile, didn't miss the opportunity to taunt.

"Hey, Mayor, you guys aren't rich at all... What a disappointment..." Luffy jeered in front of the crowd, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he assessed the meager treasures of the city. The mayor, despite being tied up and powerless, responded with restrained resentment.
"Ma ma ma... Shut up, pirate. Our gold goes elsewhere; this is just an outpost for the organization." He tried to downplay the imminent defeat.
Vivi watched feeling imposing; she had been doing her spy work lately, but in just a few days, this pirate arrived, took her as a prisoner, and was now holding the entire island hostage with them tied up.
'All her work in the last year was being destroyed by that damn beautiful smile.' She wanted to cry, as the things happening here would have severe consequences with Crocodile.
"I understand... anyway, you guys stay there quietly and behave! Because my crew and I are going to party!" Luffy laughed and announced to his crew, ignoring the mayor's attempts to mock him. The Straw Hat group began to take over the island's supplies, and bottles of drinks were opened, with a large stock of food being brought to the site, all in front of the captives, worsening the situation even more.
"Damn pirates, how can they do this..."
"We're here tied up, and they're drinking our booze..."
"Even Miss Monday was easily defeated..."
"They're too strong..."
"Darn it... we just have to wait for some reinforcements..."
"I hope they come soon; I don't want to be tied up while they're drinking in front of us."
"These pirates have no heart..."
"And look, they're celebrating as if it were a great conquest..."
"Miss never lost a fight before, this is humiliating..."
"We should have asked the Marines for help, don't you think?"
"We don't stand a chance against them..."
"And to think we thought we'd be heroes..."
"My mother always said not to mess with pirates..."
"Do you think anyone out there knows what's happening?"
"I said this island was cursed..."
"Do you think they'll let us live after this?"
"I hope an Admiral from the Marines comes soon and puts these pirates in their place..."

The tied-up crowd continued to wilt amid the pirate celebration, expressing their concerns and frustrations with murmurs and sighs. The contrast between the effervescent joy of the Straw Hats and the hopelessness of the captives increased with each echoing laugh and each toast that reverberated across the island.

While Luffy and the others celebrated, Reiju, with her usual grace, prepared delicious food for the group. The irony of the situation was intensified by the 300-meter distance that separated the pirate party from the tied-up crowd. The scowling looks of those bound in ropes followed each laugh, each toast, as the party continued from late afternoon into the night. The rumbling stomachs of the hungry captives echoed through the island, who could only look at those heartless people.

The Straw Hat crew continued through the city square, diving into the festive atmosphere at Peak Whisk. A large bonfire burned in the center, illuminating the area and providing warmth for the night, while drinks were scattered all around.
"You won't believe what happened to me and the King of the Pirates on a remote island! We fought against a colossal sea monster, with dragon heads and...!" Usopp was telling an exciting story.

"Ah, cut it out, Usopp. Giant sea monsters with dragon heads? You're exaggerating again." Zoro interrupted, banging his sake barrel on the marksman.

"Exaggerating nothing! It was real! And I, with my cunning, managed..." Usopp shouted.