Chapter 127 - Drum Kingdom 03.

[Chapter Size: 2129 Words.]
Third Person POV

Drum Island, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

While the residents of Drum were recovering from the strange battle that unfolded above the city, Luffy soared into the snowy sky in search of the peak where the elderly woman lived. There were doctors in the town who could take care of her, but Luffy came to this island for a reason beyond making it his territory for the upcoming great war; he had to find a doctor who still resided in this country.

With Lami on his ship, Luffy believed that two doctors were always better than one. With this mindset, he cut through the falling snowflakes as he flew at high speed. It didn't take long for him to spot Kureha's castle.

Simultaneously, in an ancient castle blanketed by snow in a lonely atmosphere, a strange creature wearing a small cap walked through the corridors with a medicine container in its hand. With furry fur and vibrant shades of brown, the little reindeer displayed an adorable and curious expression. Its large and expressive eyes conveyed a mix of innocence and intelligence, while its small legs ended in delicate hooves, contrasting with its furry appearance. This creature's name was Tony Tony Chopper.

He walked through the silent castle corridors, quietly organizing supplies in Kureha's absence. Some time ago, Luffy had proclaimed with his resounding voice that the Kingdom of Drum now belonged to the Straw Hats. His shout echoed throughout the island, reaching Chopper's ears as he was in the castle with Kureha.

The doctor hurriedly went out to check what was happening, leaving Chopper alone in the castle. "I hope Kureha-san comes back soon; it's so lonely here. Now, she went to the town to see where all that noise came from," Chopper murmured to himself.

He headed to the room, organizing all the herbs and medicines. After that, he decided to spend time in the castle's library, trying to distract himself with books. It was where he used to spend most of his time, examining books and learning from Kureha. Upon entering, a wave of loneliness hit him stronger than ever. The books, experiments, and memories of times past weighed on his heart.

Sitting alone, Chopper began to reflect on his journey. He remembered when he consumed his Devil Fruit, the Hito Hito no Mi, becoming a human-reindeer. Despite his extraordinary abilities, the cost was high: rejection not only from his own kind but even from humans who treated him as a monster.

"The Devil Fruit gave me incredible powers, but it also isolated me from others. I wanted to become stronger, but now I feel like I've become a monster," Chopper whispered, hiding his reindeer face in his front paws.

Initially excited about his new human form, Chopper soon realized that the people in Drum Island didn't accept him. He became a solitary figure, a reindeer who wished to be human but was rejected by humans.

His sadness deepened when he met Dr. Hiluluk, an eccentric doctor who welcomed him. Hiluluk not only accepted Chopper but encouraged him to pursue his dreams. Under Hiluluk's guidance, Chopper studied medicine, becoming a skilled doctor.

However, his journey was not without loss. Hiluluk died many years ago, leaving Chopper alone once again. It was during this period of mourning that he met Dr. Kureha, an equally eccentric elderly doctor who became his new mentor.

Chopper continued to accompany Kureha, learning from her extensive medical experience. He developed a strong sense of duty to help others, especially after Hiluluk's death. Despite his medical training, he still felt incomplete and longed for a place where he could truly belong.

*BOOOM!*

Suddenly, Chopper heard a noise from outside. He lifted his head, wiping the invisible tears from his eyes, and rushed to see what was happening.