Chapter 13 - The Beginning of the Mugiwaras

[Chapter Size: 1653 Words]

Monkey D. Luffy POV

On a stolen Marine ship in the middle of the sea, East Blue.

...

...

It didn't take them long to ransack the Marine ship's storage and kitchen to prepare their first of many banquets to come.

"Let's celebrate!" Luffy announced with a smile as he gathered with everyone else.

"Celebrate!" Yamato immediately agreed, expressing her happiness.

"Tsk, the Marine's stash is pretty weak." Zoro grumbled as he drank a bottle he had taken from the ship's storage.

"You've become an alcoholic after 11 years?!" Kuina teased beside him, expressing some surprise at how the young boy had turned into a young man who loved sake.

"Is that good?" Shirahoshi asked curiously about the drink.

"That's not for you; you're only 18. Here, take this, orange juice for you, Princess." Luffy immediately intervened and handed her something healthy.

Meanwhile, he picked up a bottle next to Zoro, who looked at him with some surprise.

"But aren't you younger than her?" Zoro asked, surprised because Luffy had mentioned he was only 17, just like the original.

"Hahaha. That's true, but I'm the captain!" I said, drinking a new type of alcohol that I had never tasted in my life, but I didn't even grimace at the sake.

"What kind of logic is that?" Lami asked beside him, in a bad mood.

"Should I call you 'captain' now, captain?" Bepo was still lost since his captain had said they would be part of Luffy's crew.

"I believe you can call him 'captain' now..." Lami muttered, and she was quite proud, which didn't surprise Luffy much.

"Anyway, what's the plan now, Captain?" Zoro asked curiously, drawing everyone's attention to him because Luffy had so far only recruited them and hadn't talked much about his future plans, other than wanting to head towards Orange Town with Megalo pulling the ship at high speed at the moment.

"Well, first, before I want to go to the Grand Line, there are some things to do in this sea, and one of them is to recruit some members with high potential. As powerful as we are here, in the Grand Line, things change..." He said, looking at everyone and continued.

"At the moment, the most powerful member of the group is Yamato, the vice-captain of the crew. But even though she is powerful, we can't fight against the world with our current strength, so my top priority is to get stronger and recruit new crew members, which includes stealing a lot of money as we sail this sea. I need to gather as much money as I can to improve the crew, and the best way to do that is by taking everything we can along the way."

"Most of you have no idea where we're going and what the true powers of this world are, but there are people in the Grand Line who can wipe out an entire island. For example, Zoro and Kuina, your dream is to become the world's greatest swordsman, right?"

"Yes!"

"For sure!"

"I'm not saying this to discourage you, but to increase your determination. Mihawk, currently the world's greatest swordsman, could cut the island of Shell City in half. Look at that possibility; you have a long way to go, and you'll never get stronger if you stay here in the East Blue or avoid great dangers that may even threaten your lives."