Chapter 78 - Plundering the Goa Kingdom 1.

[Chapter Size: 2763 Words.]
Third Person POV
Shimotsuki Village, East Blue.
...
...
As the evening descended, when the sun poured its golden rays over the horizon, illuminating the vast ocean in a magical way, the Kingdom of Goa majestically came into view. Nestled on the coast of a lush and vibrant island in the East Blue, this kingdom, rich in history and opulence, seemed like a piece of paradise in that picturesque sea.
The towering towers of the royal castle rose, taking on the pastel hues of the setting sky, causing its walls to shimmer like precious stones. The royal garden, filled with vibrant flowers and exotic plants, emitted a sweet fragrance befitting its reputation as the most dazzling in all the seas.
The city of Goa stretched at the foot of the castle, with its narrow cobblestone streets and buildings that blended ancient and modern architecture. The inhabitants, dressed in elegant and vibrant clothes, looked like living art canvases as they paraded through the bustling streets.
As night approached, magical lanterns lit up, bathing the city in a soft, golden glow. The music and laughter of a distant celebration could be heard, floating through the air like an invitation for anyone who wished to join in the celebration of life.
However, behind this dazzling facade and its aura of prosperity, the Kingdom of Goa hid dark secrets and deep inequalities. A king with cruel ambitions and a desire for power at any cost prepared to extend his claws over a precious treasure that would change the fate of all under the wrath of a powerful pirate in these waters.
At the top of a hill, commanding a splendid view of the city, stood the majestic Goa Palace, an architectural masterpiece that loomed over the humble houses of the city like an imposing guardian. Its walls were adorned with sparkling white stones, extracted from the quarries of the surrounding mountains, giving the palace an almost celestial appearance under the setting sun. Massive columns, adorned with sculptures of mythological creatures, supported the grand entrance porch, a portal that whispered of grandeur and authority.
Inside the palace, the corridors were lined with rare marbles and luxurious tapestries that told the story of centuries of reign. Crystal chandeliers hung from high ceilings, casting a golden glow on every step of those who dared to enter the royal precinct. At every corner, statues of past kings, sporting gleaming crowns and ornate robes, looked with an air of relentless judges, silent witnesses to the legacy of royalty.
In the center of the grand audience hall, a massive ebony throne, studded with rare jewels, dominated the space. An imposing man who always had an arrogant face rested on this throne; his gaze was not as cold and determined as usual, a constant reminder of his power. Dressed in royal silk and velvet, he personified the pride and authority of a king who ruled with an iron fist.
This man, known as King Sterry, was the monarch of the Kingdom of Goa and was determined to maintain his position at any cost. His gaze fixed on the city spread out before him, he was not prepared to face a challenge that was coming to him from the sea and could shake the foundations of his kingdom and test his ambition to the limit.
His expression was a mix of impatience and irritation, while his fingers incessantly tapped on the throne's arm.
"No news of them?! It's been four long and agonizing days!" He roared, making the sound echo in the ornate walls of the hall. The courtiers and advisors, kneeling before the throne, trembled with the intensity of his anger.
"Your Majesty," began the castle steward, a middle-aged man with a worried expression, "we lost contact with all of them as soon as they set out in pursuit of the target."
King Sterry clenched his fists, his nails scraping against the jewel-studded arms of the throne. "Cursed! After all the hard work and fortune I invested in obtaining the Devil Fruits, they simply vanish before me?!"
The steward tried to calm the king, despite his own unease. "Your Majesty, I believe it is too early to conclude such a thing. They are loyal to you and the kingdom, and their strength is unparalleled in this sea. There is no one who can challenge the power you entrusted to them."

Sterry pondered for a moment, his brows furrowed. "You might be right..." he finally admitted, the fury slowly giving way to a more contemplative expression. "They would never betray me or let a bunch of pirates prevail over them."