Chapter 156 - World News 01.

[Chapter Size: 2200 Words.]
Third Person POV

Somewhere in the sea, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

After a whole day of sailing from the sandy shores of Alabasta, the Black Pearl finds itself in the open waters of the ocean, a solitary point distant from any land. The crew, though tired from intense training, was vibrant, each member immersed in their tasks and hobbies, keeping the ship and their things laughing and chatting with each other.

Luffy, standing at the bow, observes the sea ahead with a solemn gaze, nostalgic for the salty smell of the sea breeze after days of traveling the desert.

His attention was abruptly diverted when a dark shadow began to grow alongside the ship. With a mix of surprise and calm, Luffy watched as the water around began to churn violently. Suddenly, with an explosion of foam, a huge sea monster emerged next to the Black Pearl. The creature, resembling a serpent covered in fur, with just its head being twice the size of the ship, rose menacingly, its eyes fixed on the crew.

"These monsters are getting stranger and stranger..." Luffy murmured with his calm voice, finding the sea monster very strange.

"A Sea King, the sea is so scary!!!" Chopper shouted, visibly scared, while Vivi tried to calm her loyal duck, Karoo, who was running frantically across the deck.

Luffy, in a calm movement, turned to the rest of the crew. His gaze landed on Reiju, the pink-haired woman delivering refreshments to Kuina and Alvida. "Hey, Reiju. How's our meat supply?" he asked, seemingly unconcerned with the monster beside the ship.

"Hm... it's quite full, Luffy..." She replied, surprised by the captain's calmness.

Luffy nodded and then turned his attention to Shirahoshi, the princess beside Hachi. "Shira, want to send this Sea King away?"

"Hmm... okay... Luffy-sama, I'll try the first way!" Shirahoshi spoke timidly, her voice almost a whisper but determined. She began to move toward the Sea King, the imposing presence of the Sea King contrasting with the gentle nature of the mermaid.

Everyone aboard the Black Pearl watched, a mix of fear and fascination, as the sea princess approached the monster. The Sea King glared furiously at Shirahoshi, questioning with its gaze why she dared to challenge it.

The answer came in the form of a deafening *ROOOOOAAAARRRRR*. The sea monster expressed its fury and defiance with a roar that echoed through the air and made the waves around it churn violently.

Shirahoshi turned to Luffy, a shadow of concern passing through her usually tranquil eyes. "Luffy-sama? He doesn't want to obey? Should I use the second method?" Her voice trembled slightly, indicating the gravity of the situation.

Luffy, standing firm on the deck, nodded calmly. "Yes, Shirahoshi. You can use the other method."

"Hm... I'm sorry... Sea King-sama... but... hm?!" Shirahoshi began, but before she could finish her sentence, the monster lunged. In a quick and violent movement, the huge creature swallowed her in the air.

A shocking silence took over the ship, a moment of pure horror and disbelief. Then, the silence was broken.

"AHHHHHHHH SHE'S BEEN SWALLOWED!!"

"Shirahoshi!!!"

"Luffy, save her quickly!"

"Nee... Princess-sama!!!" The crew shouted in despair, their voices blending into a cacophony of fear and panic.

But then, the unimaginable happened. Above the monster's head, an explosion of blood burst like a bomb. The Sea King stopped abruptly, its body trembling before becoming motionless. And then, to the shock and relief of all, Shirahoshi emerged through the hole she created in the creature's head, her hand coated in Haki.