Chapter 81 - Plundering the Goa Kingdom 4.

[Chapter Size: 1948 Words.]
Third Person POV
Goa Kingdom, East Blue.
...
...
The nobles and soldiers still conscious in the throne room of Goa stared at the scene before them, letting silence dictate the narrative. Their faces revealed a mix of shock, fear, and disbelief at the sudden turn of events.

Some wore expressions of pure astonishment, with wide eyes and slightly open mouths, as if they couldn't believe what their eyes were witnessing. Others appeared apprehensive, sweat starting to bead on their foreheads as they grasped the magnitude of the situation. And there were those whose features showed pure indignation, as if confronting a king were an unacceptable crime, but reality had forced them to face this new dynamic. All of them envied their colleagues who had fainted from Luffy's aura, sparing them from witnessing the scene that would haunt everyone for the rest of their lives.

The atmosphere in the room was tense; where there had been arrogance and superiority, there was now a sense of vulnerability. No one dared to utter a word, fearing to unleash the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates' wrath even further. They were silent witnesses to a revolution that had completely transformed the situation, and there was nothing they could do to reverse what was happening.

The nobles gazed at Sterry's body, lying on the floor like a felled animal, unable to hide the incredulity and fear in their eyes. A collective whisper began to rise in the room as they exchanged hushed words.

"The king... Is he... is he dead?"
"It can't be! How did this happen so quickly?"
"The captain of the Straw Hat Pirates... he really killed our king..."
"I can't believe what my eyes are seeing. Our king..."
"This can't be happening. He was our ruler, and now he's dead, like anyone else..."
"These pirates... they are dethroning us..."

The room was immersed in a mixture of shock and terror as the nobles processed the reality that their king was dead, and a group of invading pirates was now in control of their fate. It was an unthinkable and terrifying twist for those who once considered themselves untouchable and powerful.

Luffy looked at the petrified nobles, his eyes cold and determined, leaving no doubt about his intention. However, surprising everyone in the room, he asked a polite, albeit authoritative, question:

"Can you tell me where the treasure room of this palace is?"

The nobles, in shock over the death of their king, exchanged glances and stuttered in response:

"It... it's in the basement, down the corridor to the left..."

Luffy nodded with a head gesture and turned to his crew, particularly to Nami, with a determined look.

"Nami, go to the treasure room and see what valuable items we can take. Yamato, help her break into the safe." The women nodded at Luffy's words.

Nami and Yamato quickly headed towards the treasure. Meanwhile, Luffy took the mermaid and turned his attention to the guards still in the room, terrified.

"Soldiers, clean the king's body from here and the dirty floor," Luffy said.

The nobles and soldiers, still in shock, hesitated for a moment. However, Luffy's firm and resolute gaze made it clear that he was not someone to be challenged. Finally, one of the bravest nobles decided to take the lead.

"Come on, we'll all help remove the body," he said to the other nobles and soldiers, who nodded in agreement.

Together, they approached the body of the former king Sterry and began to move it carefully, taking it out of the throne room. Others grabbed mops and began to clean the floor where Sterry had fallen.