Chapter 105 - Laboon!

[Chapter Size: 2713 Words.]
Third Person POV

Beginning of the grandline.

...

...

As Black Pearl descended the current with fearless speed once again, the sensation of adrenaline took over the ship as if they were riding the very waves of the sea. The increasing speed made the wind whistle in the crew's ears, adding a touch of excitement to the air.

Luffy, unable to resist the thrill, headed to the bow where the breathtaking spectacle unfolded before him. The captain, with his characteristic smile, enjoyed the view as the wind tousled his hair, and excitement reflected in his bright eyes.

Caught up in the atmosphere, Usopp couldn't contain his enthusiasm and joined the captain at the bow, letting out a "Woo-hoo!" that got lost in the speed of the wind. Shirahoshi, still enchanted by the unique experience, also joined the celebration as the last clouds drifted away, revealing the wonders of the vast ocean before them.

As the Black Pearl descended through the current with impressive speed, the sight of the first kilometers of the Grand Line became more restricted. The distant islands that once dotted the horizon began to disappear as the ship descended further.

Emerging from the last clouds on the horizon, the crew caught a glimpse of the grandeur awaiting them in the first moments. However, the excitement was momentarily interrupted when the ship entered a vast area of turbulent waters. A kind of mist formed by water droplets lifted by the current enveloped the Black Pearl, obscuring the view and turning the experience into something like being under a waterfall as the ship continued its descent.

The crew, now surrounded by the aquatic curtain, could barely see beyond the ship's outline. The sound of roaring waters filled the air, creating a vibrant and electrifying atmosphere. The feeling of being enveloped in the aquatic storm provided a unique thrill, as if they were sailing through the very essence of the ocean.

Even with the temporarily obstructed vision, anticipation and excitement continued to grow among the crew. The steep descent created an even more thrilling and adrenaline-pumping sensation as the scenery unfolded dynamically and unpredictably before them.

However, the joy was soon interrupted by an imposing shadow rising in their path, partially blocking the entrance ahead. The water, stirred by the current, created a spectacular display, and the crew watched in surprise as the imposing presence revealed itself.
"Hey! What is that?" exclaimed Bepo, capturing everyone's attention as the shadow grew before them.
"What is that? It's enormous!" exclaimed Usopp, unknowingly observing the colossal shadow of Laboon ahead.
"A mountain? Why is it at the entrance?! There was nothing like this in the manual Luffy gave me!" questioned Nami, perplexed, while examining the gigantic cetacean.
Hugo, with curious eyes, commented: "This is out of the ordinary. We didn't expect to find something like this here."
Shirahoshi, still frightened, murmured: "That shadow is scary. What's happening?"
Reiju, always curious, observed: "I've never seen anything like it. Is it an unknown sea monster?"
"Calm down; that's a whale." Luffy said.
"What?! A whale, so huge!" Nojiko spoke.
"How do you know, Luffy?!" Kuina asked.
..." Luffy didn't answer yet, still looking at the shadow behind the water curtain.
"So, this is Laboon..." Luffy murmured softly, recognizing the whale guarding the entrance to this remarkable place as in the original work.
As the Black Pearl approached the imposing figure of Laboon, Luffy, realizing the significant presence of the whale, took command. "Guide the ship from here; I'll take care of that whale in front of us!" He gave the order with the unwavering confidence of a captain who trusts his comrades. Using the power of his mythical Zoan, wings began to grow inside his jacket, extending outward like an emblem of his unique ability.