Chapter 142 - Alabasta 11.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Alabasta, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

Amidst the growing tension and chaos around, Zoro decided to break the silence behind Luffy, with a determined look and his swords ready, he turns to Luffy. "Hey, Luffy, leave one for me," he comments with a gleam in his eyes.

Luffy looks at Zoro, a bit surprised. "Hm?"

Reiju, exhaling a puff of smoke from her cigarette after lighting it, adds her own complaint. "Yeah, captain, leave someone strong for us. You always fight the strongest ones..." Her voice is calm.

Lami doesn't miss the chance to tease. "Tsk... whatever, as long as my opponent is stronger than that twisted eyebrow over there." Her taunt is direct and sharp, aiming at Reiju.

Reiju, annoyed by the comment, growls in response. "What did you say, goth girl?" She glares at Lami, ready to retort.

Luffy, amidst the discussion of his crew, sighs. His responsibilities as captain include not only facing enemies but also maintaining order among his somewhat eccentric companions.

On the other side, Crocodile, Momonga, and their allies watch the scene with looks of disdain and surprise. They did not expect their opponents to be so carefree in the face of their fight.

Luffy, deciding it's time to turn his attention to the threat ahead, faces his opponents with a confident smile. "So, you guys are the big bosses, huh? Doesn't seem like your men are doing too well out there."

"Monkey D. Luffy, your reputation precedes you. It seems we underestimated you and your crew. But don't think that means you'll win today." His voice is firm and charged with the determination of a man who defends justice at all costs.

Next to him, Crocodile exudes a threatening calm. Lighting a cigar, he looks at Luffy confidently. "Mugiwara, you're more annoying than I've heard. But ending you here will spare me future troubles." His tone is disdainful, but his eyes reveal a newly born caution. He knows that Luffy and his crew are not ordinary opponents after all that has happened.

Zoro, impatient with the talk, adjusts the grip on his swords, a gleam of anticipation in his eyes. "So, can I take one of them?" he asks, almost as if he were choosing an opponent in a game, his readiness for combat clear and evident.

Reiju, always the image of lethal calm, stands beside Luffy, her eyes scanning the battlefield. "Don't underestimate the power of the Straw Hats,"

Lami, defiant and confident, stares at the Navy commodores. "Do you really think you can stop us?" she calmly asks with her sword on her shoulder.

Around them, the sounds of intense fighting continue to echo through the city. Distant explosions, screams, and the clangor of steel against steel paint a picture of chaos and destruction. The residents of Rainbase, hidden in their homes, are apprehensive, waiting and praying for the conflict to end without further bloodshed.

At the epicenter of the imminent confrontation, Vice-Admiral Momonga takes the initiative, his stern expression reflecting the seriousness of the situation. With a deliberate and authoritative movement, he unsheathes his sword, the blade gleaming with promises of past battles and victories won. "Actions will speak now," he announces, his voice a firm echo of resolution. The commodores at his side, feeling the urgency in the air, adjust their postures, ready to enter the fight.

Crocodile, no less imposing, responds to the challenge. The sands around him begin to move as if possessed, enveloping him in a mantle of power and danger. "Prepare for the true terror of the desert," he says, his voice a threatening whisper that promises pain and destruction. The sand churns violently, ready to obey every command of its master.