Chapter 28 - Syrup Village 07.

[Chapter Size: 1961 Words.]
Third Person POV
Syrup Village, East Blue.

...

...

"Zoro, I can see you've got a problem, need some help?" This sudden, loud voice made Usopp and Kuro look up the hill where Luffy and the others were.

Kuro fixed his burning gaze on Luffy as he spotted him for the first time in the corner of that island under the clear sky. His once intense eyes seemed to spark with unquenchable anger. To Kuro, Luffy's mere presence was a burning wound that turned the peaceful island into an emotional battleground.

The origin of his hatred was rooted in the understanding that it was Luffy himself who had sown the seeds of destruction in his elaborate plans. Every failure and twist that threatened his meticulous strategy could be directly traced back to Luffy and his Straw Hat Pirates. Kuro's anger burned with the intensity of a thousand suns, as he blamed the pirate captain for every setback and obstacle in his path.

The discovery that Usopp, someone he had never expected to be so relentless, was under Luffy's influence only fueled Kuro's hatred further. Usopp, the boy he had once known, had become unrecognizable, reinforcing the feelings of powerlessness and anger within Kuro. He wondered how Luffy had managed to wield such influence over one of his former crew members, making him a formidable opponent.

Kuro couldn't comprehend how everything had unraveled so quickly, how his carefully laid machinations had come undone in a whirlwind of problems and twists. The only certainty he had was that Luffy was aware of his true identity, and that only heightened the fury burning in his heart.

Despite suffering a crushing defeat at the hands of Luffy in a previous confrontation, the mere presence of the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates caused Kuro's anger to grow with each passing second. He couldn't believe that Luffy's group had disappeared after the beating he had taken. The idea that they had abandoned him further fueled his anger, and he remained convinced that, with the help of his old crew, he could deal with Luffy and his companions.

Now, with the sunny and tranquil scenery, Luffy's presence only added fuel to the fire of hatred burning inside Kuro. The impending confrontation promised to be an explosion of pent-up emotions as Kuro, determined to avenge his defeats and restore his honor, faced Luffy with a ferocity that only an enemy fueled by the deepest and hottest hatred could display.

"My meticulously laid plans are in tatters, but at least I'll be rid of you!" Kuro roared in frustration, his words dripping with poison as he watched helplessly as his intricate scheme crumbled. He knew that facing Luffy was a sentence of defeat, vividly remembering the previous humiliation and the imminent destruction that loomed over his crew, caused by another relentless force.

Usopp's eyes remained firm and determined, hiding the torrent of fear bubbling inside him. The tension was unbearable, causing his body to tremble involuntarily. However, Usopp's courage spoke louder when he convinced himself that he had no choice but to face Kuro, all in order to protect Kaya, his friend and the only light in the midst of the looming darkness.

"I won't allow it!" Usopp exclaimed with a trembling voice, but filled with determination. With the agility of an experienced marksman, he drew his pistol and fired directly at Kuro. The sharp sound of the shots pierced the air, echoing as a challenge to everything Kuro represented.

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

Kuro, even with his injured leg, skillfully resorted to his superhuman agility to dodge the bullets, displaying impressive agility that defied logic. Even though the pain of the wound was present, his determination was unwavering. The bullets whizzed through the air, but Kuro remained unscathed, maintaining the distance between him and the deadly ammunition.