Chapter 37 - Trip to Baratie 07.

[Chapter Size: 3141 Words.]
Third Person POV
Somewhere at sea, East Blue.

...

...

After Yosaku recovered, the group spent another night at sea, training and celebrating as they sailed. The bounty hunters ended up bonding with the group, especially due to their history with Zoro and their comical way of talking. It wasn't hard for everyone to get acquainted with them.

Even Nami, who had to hit them a few times, ended up getting along with everyone in the end. Strangely, they stayed with Chouchou longer than anyone else on board.

The next day, after a training session, Usopp caught Luffy's attention while on the mast with a spyglass.

"Captain, a Marine ship is approaching!" Usopp shouted.

Turning his gaze in the indicated direction, Luffy spotted a ship similar in size to theirs, slowly approaching. The pirate captain couldn't help but smile, realizing they were close to the restaurant since this Marine ship indicated it, and they hadn't spent much time at sea. Also, they were a bit early for the meeting with the lieutenant, scheduled to take place in front of the restaurant.

It was a relief that Lami had left yesterday, before they encountered the Marine ship. Otherwise, they would have to abandon the plan to collect bounties, as it would be doomed to fail once they discovered Lami's connection to the crew.

"Should we attack them?" Yamato came to Luffy's side as the Marine ship approached, and Luffy waited with crossed arms.

"No, let's wait to get a better look at these guys. They think we're Marines and probably want to mess with us. Let's give them a surprise." Luffy said calmly.
"Is that okay?" Usopp asked cautiously.

"We're not afraid of the Marines, Usopp, we're just cautious while we can take some advantages, which is not the case right now." Luffy smiled. The only way to be cautious was while Lami still had a chance to extract some money from the naval organization; other than that, Luffy didn't care much about them.

"It's not like I hold a grudge against them, but if they come to attack us... we'll respond in kind!" Luffy said confidently as they waited for the other ship to approach faster since theirs was slower now. Zoro and Kuina didn't care much and continued training without bothering about the incoming ship.

As the Marine ship advanced toward the Straw Hat crew, the scene on board was calm, despite different movements among the pirate crew.

Zoro and Kuina, immersed in their training, remained focused, ignoring the arrival of the ship. Their movements were precise, a blade dance that denoted skill and confidence.

On the other hand, Shirahoshi, Megalo, Chouchou, Nami, Usopp, and the couple watched with growing curiosity, as this would be their first encounter with the Marines at sea.

Johnny and Yosaku, fearful of being recognized as bounty hunters, chose the path of discretion, hiding in strategic locations to avoid being noticed.

With a gentle creak, the Marine ship finally reached the side of the pirates' vessel. A man with pink hair and a brass knuckle in his hand emerged on the deck, casting a challenging glance toward the crew. The anticipation reached its peak when several Marines positioned themselves behind him, looking at the other ship with arrogant eyes, with several more behind them.

"I tried to contact you, but without success..." He said calmly, paying no attention to the people in front of him. While explaining the difficulty of communicating with the Straw Hats, the Marine lieutenant focused on his report, oblivious to the presence of the pirates. His efforts to establish contact were futile, as Luffy had previously eliminated any traces of communication with Den Den Mushi after leaving Shell Town.
"...Can I know which division you belong to... Hm??"
However, the lieutenant's attention shifted abruptly when his eyes scanned the pirate crew. In a moment of surprise, his expression went from calm to a comical shock upon realizing the stunning beauty of Shirahoshi and Yamato, two of the most beautiful women in the world. The exclamation about their beauty escaped his lips before he could restrain it.