Chapter 25 - Syrup Village 04.

[Chapter Size: 1626 Words.]

Third Person POV

Village Syrup, East Blue.

...

...

On the beach near Syrup Village, Luffy stood in front of his entire crew and Usopp, holding up a wanted poster he had obtained through a point. He had collected thousands of wanted posters, but this one was special. It featured Kuro, a pirate who was believed to be dead.

"Did you say this pirate Kuro was actually the butler Klahadore all along?" Usopp asked in disbelief.

"Are you sure he's not his brother?" Yamato inquired.

"No, it's him all along. I had some information that he was hiding on this island for a while, and I confirmed it today. The idiot had the audacity to openly insult us just because I have a bounty of 10 million berries, lower than his, but I bet after the beating I gave him, he won't be getting out of bed for the next 3 days." Luffy said with a grin.

"But even so, Kaya is in danger!" Usopp exclaimed.

"Then it's your duty to save her, Usopp," Luffy said calmly.

"Me??" Usopp asked, astounded. He might have seen Luffy defeat Kuro with ease, but he knew he wasn't a monster like that straw-hatted man.

"Yes, to be honest, I saw you insulting her just like your own father, while you kept quiet. I thought you were a brave sea warrior. But what I saw was just a coward." Luffy's smile faded, and he looked seriously at Usopp.

Usopp was taken aback by this. He never expected someone to call out his true personality in such a critical moment, making him lower his head in shame.

"Nami was the first to speak up in her maid outfit. "Luffy-Sama, you don't need to..."

"Shirahoshi as well was about to comment, "Please, I'm just a maid..."

"Silence..." Luffy said sternly, and they fell silent.

"...I admit, I was tempted to recruit you, but I was disappointed with what I saw, making me wonder if you're really your father's son..."

"...And no, Usopp, I won't help her because she herself banished me from her place. I have nothing to do with her if her life is in danger now." Luffy spoke indifferently, which made Usopp even more cower in the face of this reality, thinking that he would watch Kaya die without being able to do anything.

"But, I can help you get stronger..." Luffy continued.

"You can?" Usopp asked incredulously.

"Yes, but it won't be easy. I'll make you experience hell on earth if you want. But at least you'll have a chance to face Kuro. What do you say? We might have three days before he starts his plans. Do you really want this?" Luffy didn't change his serious tone, making everyone wonder what they had done to their captain and who stood in front of them, as Luffy had never been so serious with them.

The long-nosed young man contemplated Luffy's words and stood up to face the man over two meters tall with determination.

"I want it. Make me strong to protect Kaya!" Usopp finally spoke with determination, and Luffy smiled at that.

"That's the first step. Now let's start your hellish training." Luffy said with a mischievous grin, even releasing some of his Zoan power, causing his eyes to glow and purple flames to surround his body, which frightened Usopp and the others.

"Your first training will be to get used to the feeling of facing death. Maybe that will make you less of a coward!" Luffy spoke as he exerted pressure.