Chapter 82 - The Goa Kingdom 5.

[Chapter Size: 2065 Words.]
Third Person POV
Goa Kingdom, East Blue.
...
...
Goa, a place where peace reigned, and the concerns of the world seemed distant, despite its dark secrets; most people lived well here. But like many stories, calm precedes the storm, and on a day that would be etched in the annals of the island, the kingdom's tranquility was shattered.

Until that day, Goa remained untouched by the turbulence that often plagued other lands. Its nobles lived their lives amid luxuries, occasionally drawing the visit of a world noble, while the citizens enjoyed a simple and fulfilling existence.

However, after a direct order from the king himself, along with his top warriors, the kingdom plunged into a completely different state than it used to be. The king's order, to capture Shirahoshi, a mermaid in a pirate crew in East Blue at the request of a world noble approaching those waters, which should have been a simple capture order handled by trained soldiers who could deal with anyone in East Blue, turned into a unilateral massacre against them, leading to the death of almost the entire elite team when they realized how terrible the force of that crew was.

This reckless decision was also the spark that led Luffy to retaliate with an attack on the Goa kingdom. The captain of the Straw Hat Pirates, driven by his bond with the mermaid princess and his unwavering commitment to protect those he loves, unleashed an unprecedented and open attack on Goa. The king's decision provoked the pirate's wrath, marking the beginning of a revolt that would shake the foundations of established power in Goa, ending all the tranquility that existed in this place.

The arrival of a figure like Luffy was marked as a day that would be engraved in the annals of history. Monkey D. Luffy, the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates, brought not only the promise of retaliation but also the end of the current regime. He entered the kingdom without anyone being able to stop him, leaving a path of destruction and reaching the king himself without anyone being able to stop him. The story of how this pirate walked to the palace and entered the throne room would be a tale for all the inhabitants of Goa to remember until the end of their lives and pass on to the next generations.

Not only would this leave the kingdom shaken, but neighboring places would look on in fright, for a pirate invaded a kingdom and killed its monarch; the world would react to this with shock.

Now, with the surrender of the soldiers of the Goa Kingdom and Luffy emptying the national treasury, the atmosphere of this country was laden with tension and uncertainty. The throne room, now under Luffy's control, witnessed the rise of the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates and the fall of the previous regime. Meanwhile, the castle corridors were filled with disoriented nobles and soldiers who surrendered before the overwhelming force of the pirates, eagerly awaiting the next actions of the invading group.

In the port, previously hit by the deafening roars of cannons and explosions, chaos had given way to a tense calm as some members of the group waited on the fearsome pirate ship, strongly guarded by the members who remained there.

The local residents across the city watched with a mix of fear and disbelief, witnessing the audacity of the pirates who revealed the destruction left by their attack. The booms of cannons and the turmoil now transformed into an unstable calm, even with flames and smoke rising to the skies. The anchored vessels rocked violently, many displaying irreparable damages from the initial assault.

From a distance, on one of the mountains surrounding the kingdom city and the Foosha village, Dadan and his gang of bandits, with their shrewd eyes, witnessed the smoke rising in the city observed from that distance. A mix of concern and curiosity colored their faces as they closely watched the unfolding events, wondering who could make such an attack.