Chapter 109 - Whisky Peak 01.

[Chapter Size: 2555 Words.]
Third Person POV

Whisky Peak, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

As the Black Pearl approached Whisky Peak, the crew observed the island unfolding before their eyes. The arid landscape, with giant cacti punctuating the scenery, gave way to a more detailed view as the ship advanced through the maritime river cutting the island in half.

While the vessel approached the port in the middle of the island's town, some local observers had already noticed the presence of the Straw Hat Pirates atop strategic locations. News of the arrival of such notorious pirates had already spread through the small community via Den Den Mushis.

As the Black Pearl sailed through the river ahead, a curtain of mist appeared in its path.

"Hey, there's fog ahead!"
"Nami, are we safe?"
"It's alright; this is a characteristic of the island," Nami replied.
"Clear it from our path, Nami," Nojiko said.
"Yes." Nami extended her hands, and with a green glow, the wind began to push the fog away from the Black Pearl.

As the mist cleared, a town revealed itself in front of the crew, a town divided between the two sides of the sea-made river. However, something else caught the crew's attention—the thunderous noise of the residents welcoming them.

The news of the pirates' arrival spread like wildfire on this island, and the first seeds of a festive commotion began to sprout among the local inhabitants.

Soon, the atmosphere changed from cautious observation to effusive celebration. Improvised musicians began playing cheerful melodies, and local dancers, dressed in colorful attire, initiated a lively dance. As the Black Pearl cut through the sea between the two sides of the town in the middle of the island, the party intensified, and the people of Whisky Peak endeavored to welcome the pirates with contagious joy.

Around the Black Pearl, Luffy remained on the deck with his peculiar smile, indicating that he wasn't surprised by such a reaction to his crew's arrival. Although his expression seemed distant, almost uninterested amid the celebration.

"Why is everyone throwing a party for us?" Yamato exclaimed, stunned by Luffy's disconnection from the festive spirit, expressing her perplexity. Some other crew members also began to share feelings of distrust with this peculiar reception.

The intense joy of the residents of Whisky Peak seemed out of place for a newly arrived group of pirates.

"This is weird..."
"Very suspicious..."

While other members seemed quite happy with it, appearing oblivious to the forced atmosphere.

"What's wrong?!"
"Yes, they are happy with our arrival!"
"Pirates are the heroes of the people!"
"That's why the captain wanted to come to this island!"
"Hahahahaa. Let's celebrate!"

Amid the comments and expressions of naive celebration from his crew, Luffy abruptly interrupted the animation with a single phrase: "Don't get too excited."

Silence fell over the deck as he spoke with his serious tone, and everyone awaited the captain's words to understand what was happening.

"Don't let these welcomes cloud your caution; they're setting us up." Luffy continued, cutting short anyone who had gotten excited on the Black Pearl.

"Let's head to the port and disembark... But we're not exactly here to enjoy with these people... Get the prisoners and bring them to the deck." Luffy said, making it clear that the visit to Whisky Peak had a more serious purpose. The crew nodded, understanding that something was about to happen, and the true reason for their arrival was not to participate in the local celebration.