Chapter 74 - Shimotsuki Village 01.

[Chapter Size: 3114 Words.]
Third Person POV
Shimotsuki Village, East Blue.
...
...

As Black Pearl approached the picturesque island dock, an atmosphere of anticipation and excitement enveloped the crew. The sun, dipping on the horizon, cast its golden rays over the scene, adding a warm touch to the imminent reunion.

"We've finally arrived!" exclaimed Zoro, his face revealing the excitement overflowing from his eyes as he caught a glimpse of his old island.

Kuina, by his side, seemed a bit nervous, but Nami, in a friendly gesture, gently touched her shoulder. "Relax. I'm sure your father will be immensely happy to see you again."

"Yes, we'll soon see the master's face." Zoro displayed a confident smile, conveying reassurance to his childhood friend.

"I've always wanted to meet that uncle. Let's go!" Luffy spoke with enthusiasm, eager to explore the Dojo and find Zoro's legendary master.

The arrival of the pirate ship did not go unnoticed by the population of the small town. While the anime portrayed it as a village, here it was a developing town, adorned with a port attesting to its growth and participation in trade.

The crew's notoriety was evident as people pointed at the ship and hurried to witness the arrival. Luffy's name and his crew echoed throughout the East Blue, the worst recorded threat in this sea, as highlighted in the pages of newspapers.

Tension swept through the town like a gusty wind when words like "Pirates!" and "It's the Straw Hats!" echoed through the streets. The villagers, gripped by fear, instinctively sought refuge.

"Run, they're the worst pirates in this sea!" shouted a resident, echoing the widespread sentiment.

"Summon Master Koushirou!" cried another, seeking protection under the possible defense of the respected local master.

"Yes, he can defend us!" agreed a third, as urgency drove people toward the dojo in search of safety.

Chaos ensued as Luffy and his companions disembarked from the Black Pearl. The captain, with his typical indifference, shrank the ship and stored it in his pocket, an act that only increased the villagers' already stunned bewilderment.

As they walked through the town, the commotion around them was palpable. Shops were hastily closed, windows were locked, and people ran to take shelter in their homes.

"I guess it's a scene we should get used to..." Luffy murmured, observing the chaos unfolding around him. It was a new experience for the Straw Hats' captain, who, despite his pirate history, still marveled at people's reactions to his presence.

Kuina watched the city with complicated eyes, a sight that harked back to her old home of years ago, or rather, that persisted only in her memories. The short period from her death until now seemed like an eternity for the girl.

Surprise stamped her face as she witnessed the transformations and growth of the place. What was once a small village now expanded like a forming city. The passage of years since her death was evident, and anxiety grew as she approached the reunion with her father.

"What will he say when he sees me? He won't believe I'm his Kuina," she thought, uncertainty reflected in her thoughts.

As they roamed the city, it didn't take long for a group of sword-wielding individuals to enter the scene, blocking the group's path and spreading fear among the population.

"Straw Hat Pirates! How dare you come here! We'll arrest you!" exclaimed some young ones, approaching Zoro's age. Tension was created at this moment.

"Wait, Lyn, Master Koushirou said Zoro might be among them and told us to know their intentions before confronting them!" said another youth beside him, his tense face expressing concern.