Chapter 49 - Mysterious Island 3.

[Chapter Size: 2308 Words.]

Third Person POV
On island in the sea, East Blue.

...

...

In the waters of East Blue, an atmosphere of horror unfolded. Kuina, Jhonny, and Yosaku, bound and helpless, found themselves surrounded by a group of cannibals. The natives chanted sinister songs, creating a dark atmosphere as they circled the trio, preparing to lead them to a boiling pot.

Anguish was palpable among the prisoners, whose collective thought echoed in despair: "We're going to die!" Vivid memories of the sudden attack in the forest haunted Kuina and the others. Captured by an overwhelming number of enemies, they were now at the mercy of this primitive people, who were preparing to subject them to a terrible fate in the boiling pot.

------------------------------------------------------
In a secluded corner of the small island, a hidden tribe rose among the dense trees. There, three individuals were tied up, anxiously awaiting a rescue to free them from the grim fate the cannibals plotted: a bubbling cauldron ready to consume them.

"Brother Luffy! Come save us!" Jhonny and Yosaku cried desperately, their voices echoing in the tranquility of the jungle. Meanwhile, Kuina remained silent, but her expression revealed palpable fear, yearning for Luffy's presence to rescue them from this terrible situation.

"Owow!"
"Hm?! Ouch!"
"That hurts!"
"Owowow owowow!"

An annoyed native, disturbed by the foreign language cries, approached and reprimanded the two bounty hunters, delivering blows to silence them and expressing irritation at the disturbance.

"I don't understand a word of what they're saying, but it seems like he didn't like you yelling like that..." Kuina commented sarcastically, trying to find some humor in the terrible situation.

"So, are we going to die here, Sister Kuina?" Yosaku lamented.

"Do you think I want to face this fate again? I don't want to die a second time..." Kuina responded angrily, while the surrounding atmosphere conveyed an atmosphere of tension and despair.

"Second time, what do you mean by that?!" Jhonny exclaimed, displaying surprise next to Yosaku.

"Ah, it's nothing. Forget about it! Anyway, Luffy won't allow this to happen. Have faith! He has the vivre cards and will be here soon!" Kuina declared, seeking to instill confidence in her companions. She quickly changed the subject, avoiding the mention of her return from the dead, a delicate theme, especially amidst the desperate situation they found themselves in.

"Owow!"
"Owow!"
"Owow!"
"Owow!"

As they whispered, the natives of the tribe chanted animatedly around them. Comprising old, adult, young, and children of both sexes, that tribe proved to be extremely primitive. They wore only cloths to cover their lower parts, leaving half of their bodies exposed. The women wore a kind of bikini, but all the garments were adorned with human bones, suggesting they came from previous victims.

"I never imagined being captured by cannibals on a deserted island," Jhonny murmured, lamenting the irony of his luck.

"I don't want to die being devoured by these creatures! I bet they've made many victims with the shipwrecks here," Kuina expressed her discontent, pointing to the objects adorned in their straw and wood houses. There were many belongings that were likely plundered from a tourist boat, among the primitive constructions.

"If only we could negotiate. Does anyone know what they're saying?"

"No idea. Anyway, I don't see how one can negotiate with cannibals!"