Chapter 44 - Baratie 07.

[Chapter Size: 3206 Words.]

Third Person POV
Baratie, East Blue.

...

...

"Old man, you don't seem to be joking, I feel my instincts screaming not to get closer to them more than that swordsman!" Reiju exclaimed by the side.
"Don't be fooled, brat, they are powerful, no doubt about it, but unlike the wild aura they emit, Mihawk is much more controlled, that's why you have the impression that the two of them are stronger. But don't forget they are in front of the world's strongest swordsman... Even that kid who stole you knows he can't win this fight, he himself said that before starting his transformation..." Zeff said calmly.
"Who said he stole me!?" Reiju shouted angrily as Zeff still insisted on something she didn't agree with.
"They're going to start!" Kuina shouted, and all eyes turned back to the fight, which was about to begin.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luffy felt a profound metamorphosis sweep through his existence. His senses, sharpened in an unusual way, perceived the world around him in an intensified manner. Each beat of his heart seemed to resonate like a distant boom, and the air had a sharper texture. It was as if he had acquired a more intimate connection with the environment around him.

Although he couldn't witness his own transformation, the perception of the change was imprinted in every fiber of his being. The astonished expressions on the faces of the spectators indicated that something extraordinary was happening. His body seemed to pulsate with an unknown energy, making him feel several times stronger than he had ever imagined.

The heartbeats, now amplified in his perception, kept pace with the rhythm of his new form. The feeling of power emanated from the flames like waves of heat, and Luffy felt intimately connected to this fiery force that enveloped him. Phase two of his transformation had not only altered his appearance; it had amplified his sensations and instincts, preparing him for the imminent challenge.

This sensory intensification created a visceral symphony in his mind, fueling his passion for violent battle. Every muscle, every fiber of his being was charged with formidable energy, and he yearned for the opportunity to test this new power against the opponent before him, it was Ifrit's own influence over him. Flames began to dance violently on parts of his body.
"Come on, Yamato," Luffy uttered in a calm tone, yet his voice carried a gravity and wisdom that transcended his age.

Without hesitation, he took the first step, and as if disappearing in the blink of an eye, materialized in front of Mihawk. His figure raised the sword, ready to strike the first blow. After avoiding the transformation, his first decision was to boost his speed, an acceleration that defied comprehension. Moving as if he had mastered the art of teleportation, he increased his speed by 30 times, recognizing that this ability would be crucial to face a swordsman of Mihawk's caliber. The air trembled as his swift movements cut through the space between him and the feared swordsman.
Swinging his sword with an almost careless simplicity, Luffy seemed to rely purely on his strength, without the slightest concern for posture or technique. The gesture carried a tone of mockery in the sharp eyes of Mihawk, as the young man in front of him gave the impression of wielding a sword for the first time in his life.

*Metallic noise*

Feeling his sword effortlessly repelled by Yoru, Luffy showed no surprise, even with the impressive speed he maintained at the moment.

"You're fast... so fast that it even startles me a bit, and I can't quite grasp how you did that. However, you're still just a child inexperienced in the sea," Mihawk said indifferently. The swords remained entwined for a brief moment, but in an almost imperceptible movement, Mihawk disarmed Luffy, separating the swords and exploiting an opening in the young pirate's guard.