Chapter 29 - Syrup Village 08.

[Chapter Size: 2875 Words.]
Third Person POV
Syrup Village, East Blue.

...

...

A few hours later, the group gathered at Kaya's mansion. The tension that had dominated the previous moments had given way to a sense of relief and gratitude for having averted the imminent danger that loomed over the village. The battle against Kuro and the desperate fight to protect the peaceful Syrup Village were still fresh in the minds of Usopp and Kaya, but most of the village residents remained unaware of the true peril they had faced.

Usopp, injured during the confrontation, had been brought back to the mansion and was being taken care of. Kaya's emotional reunion with her friend, who had risked everything to protect her, had been a touching moment.

"You're really a mermaid!!!" Kaya exclaimed in amazement as she saw Shirahoshi's tail on the sofa, revealing the secret the princess had guarded so carefully. Surprise and admiration shone in her eyes as she beheld the majestic mermaid tail.

"Yes, I am, Kaya-Sama," the princess responded with a shy tone, her voice revealing a mix of pride and humility in the face of recognition.

Nami's announcement added extra excitement to the atmosphere. "So, for our help, I believe we deserve at least 10 million berries!!" Nami exclaimed, referring to the payment for the assistance provided. Her eyes sparkled with the prospect of a reward, while Merry, who was sitting in a corner of the room, watched with a surprised expression at the audacity of the group's current maid.

The atmosphere in the mansion had transformed into a space of celebration and gratitude. The group came together to celebrate the success of their mission in helping Kaya and the village rid themselves of the threat posed by Kuro and his gang. The tense mood that had dominated the village had been replaced by a feeling of relief and gratitude, and everyone enjoyed this moment of shared joy.

The atmosphere in the mansion was relaxed as the group enjoyed a brief moment of peace and celebration. They all settled in, savoring the delicious treats Merry had provided, demonstrating that her culinary skills extended beyond making tea.

"This tea is delicious, Merry," Kuina commented serenely while sipping her favorite drink, maintaining a dignified posture that set her apart from the others.

"The sake is great too!" Zoro added, drinking directly from a barrel, his throat burning from the liquor he enjoyed. Meanwhile, Kuina couldn't help but make a playful comment, "And to think that idiot Zoro has become an alcoholic."

"What's the problem? Sake is really good!" Luffy chimed in cheerfully, drinking from another barrel nearby. However, Kuina couldn't let the opportunity pass and complained again, "Great, the captain is an alcoholic too!"

"Woof! Woof!"
"SHARKY!"
However, the relaxed atmosphere was abruptly interrupted when the group's pair of pets, the shark and the dog, began to express their displeasure with barks and growls. Zoro, curious, asked, "Why are they so mad?"

"Hahahaha, it's because I ate most of the food!" Luffy proudly replied, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction. Although he didn't consume food with the same voracity as the original Luffy, his body still required a significant amount of food to maintain his manatee form. His insatiable appetite was a notable characteristic, and his joy at the meal was evident on his face.
Kuina watched the scene with a perplexed expression, not surprised to see that the captain was also a voracious glutton, just like his friends. "No surprise there, the captain is a glutton too," she muttered, somewhat lost in the midst of the gastronomic festival.

Luffy laughed merrily, ignoring Kuina's observation. "Hehehehehe. Don't worry, there's more food, Merry! Ask for more food!" Kaya suggested with a warm smile, appreciating the lively interaction among her guests.